March 03, 2011

here comes the sun doot n' doo doo

The weather has been beautiful here lately. It has been around 6°C all week and the sun hasn't left the sky !  It began on Sunday when I was with the glorious sun!  Robert and I have been going for quite a few walks latley and are enjoying every minute of them.
 Berlin may be a large city, but it is full of beautiful trees and nature.  This one is just around the block.
 Robert thought it would be fun to put our feet in the wrong places.  I wasn't so sure.
We walk around Volkspark a lot.  There are many paths and so much action going on here.  People are always out walking, roller blading, running, skate boarding, sword fighting, war reenaction, hiking, etc
Below are some people are tossing the volleyball around in a sand pit at the park and enjoying the warmer weather we are having lately !
Sunnnnn !!!!!!!!!!
 At the park, there was this random spinner to run on.  It is amazing how fast and slippery it is.  I tried it out, but was too terrified to stay on it longer than two seconds !!!  Robert had to 'impress' me with how good he was on it.  I was impressed, but he was shocked with how slippery that baby was !!
The sky has been so blue and the park is so lovely.  I could walk around for hours each day and always find beauty in something new.
 There were tons of trees around the park connected with balancing lines.  This balancing line is a rubbery material and is maybe two feet off of the ground, at parts it is even four feet.  This balancing line was maybe a football field long.  This guy had already walked halfway down it.  It was amazing to watch.
It is so nice that March has finally rolled around.  The days are feeling longer and the sun is shining more.  I am looking forward to spring :)

5 comments:

  1. We've been enjoying a little bit more sun, too! I've really missed it. I really enjoy your photos and a peek into Berlin this time of year! I'd love to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's that beautiful headwrap again. I have not got around to knitting one yet, probably wait until fall now. You and Robert look like you have so much fun. I hope I can meet him someday. Those stretchy lines are big around campus at the U. Probably all over. We are waiting for spring too. Big snow storm brewing for Tuesday though. Winter's here for another week yet..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It certainly looks like a beautiful city. I have been to Switzerland, spent several days in Zurich, Bern, and various other parts of the country and now want to travel more. Its interesting, while I was there I met many who thoroughly enjoy the balance game, which is not seen whatsoever here in the states. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the pics of outside, Looks like beautiful weather in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a wonderful way to spend the day.
    hooray for sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)