I have always had a love for sock yarn. I love knitting most things on size 2 or 1 US needles. I find that I am really drawn to the look of fine knitting. And the thing that is so fabulous about sock yarn is that it is so incredibly versatile and can be used for so many more things other than socks. You can make shawls, mittens, hats, etc with it ! The possibilities are endless !!!! Lets not forget to mention that sock yarn tends to be really beautiful too.
Sad to say, but I purchased nothing. Not a single thing ! I have however, had some ideas stirring up in my mind for yarn that I would like to purchase soon. I hope to stop by again this upcoming Monday and rub some my beautiful, soft, luxurious purchases all over my cheeks(I know I'm not weird, you all do it too!). I am thinking smaller projects though. I have lots and lots of ideas !!!
I finished knitting my Norweigan Heart socks almost immediately after casting on. I really like the way they turned out. I love knitting this pattern with 'traditional Norwegian colours' being red and white or blue and white. It's also fun to knit these socks in funkier colours too. I think it's so much fun experimenting with varigated yarns for the body of the sock and then a fun pop of colour for the hearts (or any other fair isle design of choice). I would like to do a pair of these with cupcakes around the top band. I think that would be super cute !
After sulking all day about how I have nothing to knit, Robert made my evening by making his famous burgers! I still find it funny how almost all Germans think that all americans eat is burgers, steak, and ketchup. Robert makes the best cheeseburgers (or at least I try to make him think this so that I can get out of cooking one meal, I am kidding of course). They are always so full of flavor and are really delicious. We top them with crispy onions, regular onions, pickles, mustard, ketchup, cheese, and grill the bun for a crispy bread ! I am usually very picky with my burgers, but I always really enjoy the ones he makes.
The weekend is almost over and I am hoping for a lovely new and upcoming week ! I am excited to see what it has in store and look forward to (hopefully) many new knitting, outdoor, and home adventures !







You guys eat so darn good! I'm still thinking about that klub, mmmmmm......
ReplyDeletethose socks are sooooo great! my family is Norwegian, and I've always loved loved loved any sort of Norwegian pattern. (Your heart socks are kind of making me want to knit the 'From Norway with Love' hat.) But I kind of have that bug, too ... it's sort of the winter is almost over/spring is coming thing and I don't know what to make that feels seasonally appropriate! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful photographs! Repetitious as it is, "I wish I had the patience to knit... and/or the ease or ability to be still for so long," Until then I suppose I'll just feast on looking at your creations from afar.;-)
ReplyDeleteThe burgers look/sound fun (and delicious, of course)! I made oven roasted sweet potato fries today-with spicy Italian sausuge, of the tofurky variety and in a fluffy bun. I think that stereotype/'idea' is hilarious. Sure, it's true maybe in some areas, just like any other stereotype in any given culture, but certainly doesn't apply to (even close to) the majority
Can't wait to browse that yarn shop w/ you again!
*Que aproveche!*
I like the word yarnspiration! All that beautiful yarn and colors can be overwhelming. Hope you figure out your next project soon.
ReplyDeletelove those tiny little socks! so sweet!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful lys you have - the pictures are amazing, especially the rainbow wall! i think 'yarnspiration" is going to be my new word of the day!
you are totally making me hungry with those cheeseburgers!
ReplyDeleteand i am also drooling over your lys- how beautiful! your tiny socks are so incredibly cute, what a great pattern!