I finished the baby 'Textured Vest' I started Sunday. Here is the finished result. The first picture is of me a an inch or so after I cast on and the other three are of the finished result !!! The pictures do it no justice and unfortunatly I know of no baby nearby to photo wearing it !!
Today I am going to begin knitting an Elephant. The pattern is called 'Elefante' and I think it's incredibly adorable. The yarn I chose is this great multi-coloured sock yarn that I think will look great knit up into an elephant ! I can't wait to see the progress, as I have never knit a toy before !I will soon be receiving some creamy tweed in the mail from my grandma ! I have promised to knit her a long bum covering Cardi-Vest ! She has been telling me for years that she will make one but never has !!! So this is very exciting for me and I am also excited to have a large and upcoming project to work on. The fact that it's for my grandma, who is a knitter herself, makes it so much more special. I know she will truly appreciate and love it. We are still looking at patterns and will choose a final one this upcoming week !
Today I took a walk and couldn't help but take a few pictures of all the bikes covered in snow that are unable to be driven around. It's far too windy, slippery, and cold to even dare venturing out on one's bike. I would love to take mine out rather than walk around everywhere. But like I said, impossible !!!
And so here I sit about to cast on my cute 'Elefante', sipping on some ginger vanilla tea, listening to the music of Cleuso and pondering what I shall make for dinner. Mexican fried rice ? Chili ? Homemade pizza ?


Cute baby vest!! the elephant will be super cute too!! Can't wait to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteGrandma will love her vest too, I look forward to seeing that.
Looks like a lot of snow there! We have lost most of ours here, but it still is cold. brrrrrr
We had homemade pizza last night. Did you?
I swear I've read this now about 5 times - I just read it, look at the pictures and think various things to myself. I 'just' realized/read the word 'baby' regarding the vest. Each time I've viewed this I thought to myself, 'for what age is that vest!?' - now I know! I wonder how that'd look on an adult... curious. Curious. It's lovely!
ReplyDeleteI wonder what you ended up making for dinner... I planed on guessing but have no idea! On an opposite note, I love that you're doing the 'Elefante'. It's SO cute! I'd totally buy those for my house. I think they're not only good 'toys' but great for house decor - for specific areas, of course. Or, for specific ... housescapes (?) to use a term (landscape, cityscape, etc) and apply it to the textual ... context ;).
I'm having a vegan ravioli I bought at Whole Foods, tonight (at least that's the plan)!
the vest turned out fantastic - love the little heart buttons!!
ReplyDeleteand the bikes under snow, while not useful, are definitely gorgeous to look at - i'm glad you posted the pictures!