January 02, 2011

Off the Needles This Past Week

Because I cannot post the things I knit for Christmas gifts (as the recipients have not yet received their gifts) I will show you what I have finished this past week !

I have been in LOVE with the Endpaper Mitts along with everyone else it seems.  So many people have been whipping this project up lately.  Well, in the year of 2010 it was VERY popular anyway.  I definitely will be making more of these.  The project moves along pretty quickly and the chart is so repetative and easy.  The outcome is great and incredibly worth it.  Here is the pair of Endpaper Mitts that I made for myself:
 From St Nikolaus I received some green and brown marino.  I knit a very simple garter stitch cowl with it along with a green marino I had left over from another project !  This is how it turned out.  It was supposed to be mine, but I think it has taken home around Robert's neck :)
 I feel like everyone is having babies lately.  Maybe it's because I am at the age where one 'begins' having a baby that I am more surrounded by others having babies.  Anyway, my grandma created a pattern for baby socks with ties a long, long time ago.  I have changed the pattern around a little (as most knitters do) and have formed it into something perfect for me.  For the top band, you can use any chart that suits you be it hearts, trees, diamonds...the opportunities are endless.  I however, have decided that the name of the child is what I enjoy.  I think it is something that one is more likely to hold onto and cherish for years to come.  A name is so personalized and special.  I made these pink and cream toned baby socks for lovely little Leonora.  She is the baby of an old Handball teamate of Robert's.  I hope her parents enjoy them :)
What is currently on my needles is the Sleeveless Textured Baby Vest from DROPS design.  I am knitting it up in grey and blue.  I will be following the pattern for the most part just not in a solid colour !  I am excited to see how it turns out and excited to see a sweet baby WEARING it :)
Regradless of the craft be it knitting, crochet, painting, card making, woodwork, poetry....what are YOU working on !!???  If nothing, get your crafting juices flowing and START SOMETHING !!!!  The outcome is always worth so much and you will not regret it !  Happy Sunday to you :)

6 comments:

  1. Your fingerless mitts are wonderful.

    You commented on my blog asking if my daughter is truly Miss America - no indeed she is not. I don't want to reveal our kids names on the blog so I refer to her as Miss America. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fingerless mitts are really nice!! Perhaps I will be able to knit that well by the end of the year? I will have grandma help me begin the hat later this week! ;)
    The scarf/cowl is nice too! And the baby socks.......they will love them!
    Can't wait to see what you knit next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those endpaper mitts are stunning!
    what a lovely line up of finished products you've made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOVE the endpaper mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Motor! I really enjoy the garter stitch cowl - I think Robert's neck is a great spot for it to settle! The endpaper (weird name!?) mitts are awesome! They're lovely, I wonder how they'd look in (every other) other color/s !? Probably just as great, however I do enjoy the scheme displayed. The baby socks are SO cute! When and if I have a baby - you know ;)

    I wish I could be there to sit at the table with you, and drink coffee/tea, etc. You always look so cozy/snug and lovely over there! * I wish I could say I was 'working on' something - but I'm not! Going to do some laundry, now. Muah!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)