This past week has been quite relaxing. It was nice having a 'getaway,' to Robert's parent's house from Friday until Sunday this past Christmas weekend. We had a great time, but it was nice returning home afterwards ! In the begining of the week, Robert and I cleaned up the flat and made it comfy and cozy (as it always is) Following and along with cleaning, I have been spending my freetime knitting, watching movies, and relaxing a lot on my own as Robert is constantly in the bedroom with the door closed.
New Year's Eve was great! Robert and I had six people over to our flat. Robert made some lovely spicey asian style soup with leeks and beef along with fresh brötchen brought by Meadhbh. It was so delicious and turned out to be a big hit !!! Here is a picture of the flat before everyone came over.
Everyone arrived at our house shortly after 9 O'clock in the evening. We served an array of drinks from red and white wines, to different rums with coke and red bull, beer and so on. Everyone was easily satisfied with the selection. We had dinner shortly before 11 and enjoyed the food, drinks and time together. At midnight, fireworks went off everywhere and could be seen for quite a while outside of our living room window. After 2pm, we decided it was time to go dancing and headed out together for a night of fun ! Below are photographs of our night up until we arrived at Rosie's (where we went dancing) In the photo below from left to right: is the back of Paul's head,Roland, Robert, me, Meadhbh and Lali.Don't you love how we turned out TV into a fireplace !!!! It even crackles and makes lovely 'firey' noises !!! Everyone loved it :)
Meadhbh and Lali :) (Meadhbh is from Ireland and Lali is from Spain)
Leo and Roland (Leo is half German half Irish and Roland is Irish)
Lali, Paul and Meadhbh on our way to Rosie's with their dancing shoes on and ready to BUST out some moves !
Some of the gang pretty near to our flat venturing into the city !!!
Finally, around 7:30 Robert and I arrived home from dancing. Rosie's was so much fun and we had such a great time dancing together, laughing, and just enjoying each other's company on the dancefloor. In the end, was a fun group and we were so happy to have been able to share New Years with everyone. It was so much fun and I hope a group of us so large can get together another time soon !!!
It was a Happy Happy New Year and I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope you can say the same about yours as well as the year to come !








It looks/sounds like you had a really nice new years! I do like the "fire" on the TV. What a nice effect!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are all fun too! It is nice to see your friends!
I am curious as to what is going on behind this closed bedroom door. I think?
looks like you and your friends had a lot of fun bringing in the new year!
ReplyDeleteyour flat looked gorgeous and festive and i too loved the television fire!
It looks like you had a GREAT holiday :) Your pictures all look so festive and ... enjoyable!, haha.
ReplyDeleteLoving the (hilarious) fireplace/TV. Chase has that app on his phone, which I find 'interestingly' cheesy. It's much more acceptable on the television, I'd say. Do you actually enjoy that?
Happy holiday reflection! You look beautiful and radiant in the pictures, as you do in person - ha!