January 06, 2011

Elefante

Elefante was so much fun to knit up ! As I said in the previous post, I have never knit a toy before.  It was so much fun to tackle and so simple !!!  The first picture is of the body, tail, and four legs !  
 Here is my little Elefante after sewing the legs and tail to the body !
And after I finished the head and ears.  I made some mods to the ears and knit them rather than crochet them:
 Closeup of the head with the ears and eyes sewn on:
 And finally, my finished Elefante !!!! I think he's SO adorable and would make a great gift for ones receiving a baby or people who are not.  He is so cute and will make a wonderful decor for my home :)  I really enjoyed knitting up this Knitted stuffed toy and would love to make some more toys.  They are a bit fussy but in the end, very fun !! If you know of any more patterns for cute stuffed toys, leave me a link, I would LOVE to check it out and possibly knit it up !
 On top of finishing Elefante, we put our tree down today.  Or should I say Robert did.  He did it so fast too!  It's a job that would have taken me maybe an hour to do and took Robert only 25 minutes or so to finish.  Each and every ornament, all of the lights, as well as putting the christmas tree outside to throw away !!! He's speedy !
This afternoon Robert and I played a snow/skiing game for a while and that was fun and we followed it by watching ski jumping on the sport channel.  It's Robert's favorite and so we are not allowed to miss it.  Because Robert has Handball Practice this evening I will not be cooking anything too exciting.  We will settle for something light;  Because today we both have free from work I picked up some fresh Brötchen at the bakery.  And so for dinner, we will have fresh brötchen with different cheeses with cold cuts.  Yum !! 


5 comments:

  1. Oh Motor (and Robert, Hello!), all your Christmas ornaments and decor has been scooted away, eh? Nice - it's a little refreshing to do, and to be able to (if time allows, and it usually does) switch up the atmosphere in the casita. :-) Your home always has great vibes.

    (I will say that I'm impressed with the speed at which Robert cleaned up! I did mine, but it took about an hour or so)

    What's next for you? -What is the snow/ski game you are talking about? I wonder if it's a physical game with pieces or something completely different (?). Ski jumping IS fun to watch! Ana and I watched the competitions here last time they were on TV.
    *Great looking Elefantes!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. your elephant turned out completely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elefante is sooo cute! I think I need to make one too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)