::: die Giraffe :::
Sunday afternoon Robert and I went to Lump and Lieblich to sit down and have coffee/tea and brunch. Upon arrival into Lump and Lieblich, we were told that the coffee/espresso machine was BROKEN !!! Robert wasn't too happy, but I didn't mind and said I had tea anyway !!! I ordered fresh ginger tea and Robert had a large cup of black tea. For brunch Robert ordered a large plate of different brötchen, cheeses, and fruit. My sister and I shared this same dish while she was here in Berlin ! It looked tasty and I thought about it, but decided upon a quiche. It is handmade there and was very tasty. I have had it one other time with my sister as well, and it was even better this time !!! I was very pleasantly surprised !! We sat in the coffee shop for maybe 2 hours and ate, drank tea, and played the dice game Farkel. Upon the end of the game we heard a shreak and a howl from the front desk and the man told us he had fixed the coffee machine and that we could have for free whatever we wanted !!! We were so pleased and received a free drink of choice !! It was a nice Sunday afternoon :)
So, back on track about this year long ADVENTure. What it is is a yearly craft adventure spread throughout the twelve months of the year. Each month, you make one of your Christmas gifts (beginning in the month of January of course) and spread your gift making monthly throughout the year. This way, there isn't so much rush come November/December. It also allows you to work on other projects while working on your 'monthly gift' as well. . I think this makes gift making more relaxing and enjoyable. I cannot WAIT for the upcoming holiday of 2011. Yes, laugh if you want, I know are JUST now ending. But I don't care, I truly am already excited !!! But I am currently even more excited about enjoying the gift making process in between as well. :)



Very cute "die giraffe" !! What will you make next??
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun day at the coffee shop, and especially fun to get free coffee!!
I guess I better get busy "creating" gifts for our 2011 Holiday!! :)
SO happy you're joining along in the ADVENTure! I know your projects will inspire us to try new skills.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, my husband and I are traveling to Germany in March! Our final destination will be Mannheim. Where are you located?