Robert and I have been patiently awaiting our Christmas box coming all the way from America to us here in Germany from my parents ! We were finally able to pick it up from the packaging company on Monday Evening ! We were so happy to have it and extremely excited to find all the goodies sent to us !! The top of the box was filled with 5 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Yarn and 3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk ! What a treat to be able to knit those up ! Debbie Bliss makes such fantastic yarn and I simply love the feel of it on my fingers !!
Robert and I really love spending evenings or weekend afternoons in our house or at a local coffee shop playing dice and card games together. Here are two of the many we received !!! (Robert looks pretty excited...well he WAS!)Look inside of the box ! Everything was wrapped so beautifully by my mom. Many were wrapped in dish cloths (very pretty ones) two of which I have used as a 'liner' on our coffee table and the other on an end table. The others will be used in the kitchen. They were wrapped with the most gorgeous gold, green, silver, and red ribbons ! I have saved these for other possible projects or even gift giving !
My mom makes the most delicious bakery items and it's always a huge treat when she sends a box of them our way. We always appreciate them so much and were happy to find a box of her chocolates in our package. What we we received were chocolates filled with homemade mousse filling, nuts, and homemade caramel. YUM ! Both Robert and I oo'd and aah'd over these !!! Our mouths may have leaked a sort of wet substance as an outcome of these tasty goodies.
My mom knit me a really beautiful scarf with purple Debbie bliss cashmerino aran and a painted worsted weight yarn. It's very soft, practical, and pretty ! I really love the colours and have no other scarf like it ! It will definitely get wear this continuing winter season :)
We received so many other goodies and I am so happy that my parents took the time to venture out and find, make, create, and wrap so many handmade and thoughtful gifts for us to share. It truly was a welcomed and oh so thoughtful surprise !





I am so glad that you enjoyed the candy as much as you both did. It is fun to make good candy!!
ReplyDeleteWe thought that the yarn would be great "packing material" for the box too!!
I am having many good ideas for next Holiday Season!! I bet you are too! ;)
I love Love LOVE reading your blog Molly! First of all, you look seriously gorgeous in every single picture. Second of all, your new title picture is super cute. Third, I LOVE the little animals you started knitting! They are so cute! You should save those for when you have a baby of your own some day. Fourth, lets see.. fourth.. I MISS YOU! I need to get skype so we can chat! Axel wants to meet you very badly!
ReplyDeleteLove ya
hooray for extending the holiday season!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful package you received from your parents - that scarf is very pretty, and hooray for debbie bliss yarns! can't wait to see what you create.