Today is my last day off before returning to work again and I have no idea how I will spend the day without Amy here. I am now making lunch and will probably clean the flat and ponder what to make for dinner for Robert and me. I am feely really lazy and a little sad today. I will miss my sister so much, but also know, that I will see her again soon.
Our last day together (yesterday) was really nice. Amy and I headed off to Potsdamer Platz where we saw pieces of the wall
We were also very lucky to see a very very tiny Christmas Market. I was so excited that they had one going on so early in the year. It wasn't the best representation of a Christmas Market here in Berlin, but at least Amy could see what the tents look like and take in some of the smells. In the picture below, we are standing by a stand that sells assorted licorice, covered nuts, chocolate covered apples, grapes, bananas, raspberries and strawberries, as well as even peppers. The hearts behind us are message cookies on a stick. They are pretty cute and a common gift around the holidays.
After walking around the Christmas Market, Amy and I wanted to fill our bellies, and so we wandered the streets for a short while and stumbled upon this delicious Asian Restaurant called, 'Coa.' Amy found it and we decided we should try it out ! The first picture is of the inside of the restaurant. It looks a lot neater than the picture shows and was such a great choice !
Here I am after receiving my Curry. I ordered curried rice with peanuts, brocolli, carrots, tons of papaya, meat (which I gave to Amy) and sprouts. It was amazing and maybe even one of the best Curries I have ever had. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone looking to eat a yummy curried rice !
Here is Amy sitting next to my meal. She is wearing a scarf she purchased here at one of my favorite stores. It's a pretty light pink with light grey or brown pattern. It's adorable, and I love it.
In the center of the table there is our order of crab chips and to the right of the crab chips is Amy's dish. Amy ordered frischkäse dim sum; a crispy dumbling pocket stuffed with fresh cheese. She seemed to enjoy it !
After we finished our meal we headed home and I cooked Robert boiled potatoes with liverwurst and cabbage for dinner. The evening was quite relaxing. We watched two Episodes from the series 'Breaking Bad.' Amy was so kind to share the series with us and we are happy to continue watching them later on! After watching two episodes, we all headed off to bed and fell asleep shortly after.
So now this brings me back to the begining of my post. It is now 1:40pm and my sister officially began her journey back home almost an hour and fourty-five minutes ago. It almost doesn't seem real that she was here. But I am so happy she was, and am greatful that we were able to spend time together.





Awww, you DID post a blog right away! What ambition - I got home and felt super dizzy and did NOTHING (Except have a puree that Ana made, and share some chocolates with her! Stayed up til 3am and slept til almost 11am).
ReplyDeleteThat Asian place, Coa, was so neat and tasty. I wish we could go back there again (but soon!). Next time!? I 'wonder' when the next time I get to see you will be (?). And where? Could be anywhere...
I'm very happy I was able to spend two whole weeks with you (both). Also, that we were able to see and experience so much of the city (and take so many pictures). Muuuuah!
Nice pics and all. It looks like you had a great time together! The food all looks really good too! It will be fun when we are able to come and stay for awhile, and be in your blog!!
ReplyDelete