My first couple of days back at work after Amy left were hard. I missed having to go into her room because Robert forgot to take out his clothes in the morning and seeing her sleepy face look at me in shock that I was in her room so early in the morning. The house was extra quiet and I had no idea how to go about my day without her here.My first morning was made a little bit easier, because Robert didn't have to leave until 9:45, and I had to leave at 10:10 which meant that we had some time together in the morning to drink coffee and relax on the couch. Robert danced around a little to a CD Amy made for us while she was here. We really enjoy the CD's she has made. I have been listening to them nonstop. Thank you Ab !
This brings us to today; Monday. Because I have worked so many over time hours, I have accrued some 'off,' days. This means that from today until Thursday I am off of work for four days straight !!! This sounds so great as of now because Robert and I have been sleeping so much lately. There was even one night we slept 13 hours. Yes, you read it right, we slept for 13 hours straight. I think that means that I need some time to relax and enjoy time for myself without a daily plan.
Today it's rainy and grey. It's ok though, because I have so far enjoyed my time inside cleaning and re-arranging our flat. After cleaning, I relaxed on the couch with my coffee and looked out the window to see two pretty leaves at the corner of our balcony. I thought they looked quite nice soaking up the rain and trying to curl up and become warm. I see so many leaves while walking and riding my bike around and find that I am so drawn to them and the way they look. I think this began because they somehow remind me of my mom. I started associating them with her the first time I left the states for Germany. Everytime I would walk out into the woods and see the trees and leaves I would think of her. Now when I find one that catches my eye, I will pick it up and take it home with me to dry and use as a decoration.
While looking out the window I have also been noticing, (as time has passed) that naturally, all the leaves are gone from the vines climbing the wall of our building. It still looks pretty though and I enjoy watching the changes occuring throughout the year. All of the vines were once covered with almost bright pink/red leaves when we first moved in. I posted a picture of it on a previous blog post here. As you can see it has changed a lot since then.

I can't believe it was less than a week ago that I was THERE! It seems like...I don't even know (?), either yesterday or a million years ago. Just not the 'truth'. :|
ReplyDeleteI was just explaining to Mom and Dad the bright orange (and red,yellow) leaves on the vine/s on the sides of the building outside your patio. Interesting and metaphorical (?) that they have been shed. Beautiful pictures, and beautiful that leaves remind you of Mom. :) I think that's very sweet.
I'm glad to hear you and Robert are enjoying the CD's! No doubt I will send you some more in the mail (and let me know when you want to set up BTN...you know). Motor, enjoy the changing of seasons. Muah!
What did you do with your four days off? I look forward to finding out, perhaps in the next blog??
ReplyDeleteYes, I do enjoy the fall time of year, and the leaves are a pretty part of it. I like the pics that you posted. It looks like it was a good day to 'cozy up' inside with a hot beverage! :)
Interesting read...love the shared pictures. Very different from my little spot on the planet. Sleeping.....now that would be a treat, four days off work to enjoy whatever I wanted to do???
ReplyDeleteCooking, knitting, & knitting, napping, knitting:) Never enough time and too many yarns out there waiting for someone to put them to the needles. Have a great weekend!