November 02, 2010

Blissful Days...


It is an early Tuesday afternoon and I am sitting at the table with my coffee and catching up on my blog reading! We have been lucky the past week and have been able to enjoy the sun a little.  It's really rare in Berlin to see the sun in late October/early November.  How nice of her to shine for us while my sister is here visiting.

I have been meaning to post more while my sister has been here, but I have been caught up in work and spending time with her and Robert. So for now, I will post some updates of her stay.

Tuesday afternoon Amy and I headed to a yarn shop called 'Loops.'   I was extremely excited to check it out because it is so near to our flat and I had never been there before.
 I purchased some new yarn to prepare myself for upcoming Christmas gifts. This brings me to the thought of, how will I post my progress of knitted christmas gifts on my blog ?  I cannot post them on here as people who I am knitting for will SEE the progress and what they are receiving. But I would like to share with you what I am knitting at the same time.  Hmmm.....

After looking through the yarn shop, Amy and I walked a nearby street and looked in some local shops.  We saw so many neat and interesting things while browsing.
Afterwards, we went to a nearby cafe and Amy had joghurt with fresh fruit and a cappucino and I had quiche (which was oh so tasty) and a beer!
Wednesday Amy came into the spa where I work and received an hour and a half facial.  I added on an awakening eye treatment which was refreshing and relaxing. 

I really enjoyed having her into the spa and showing her where I work and felt proud having her see how nice my working environment is.  I enjoyed it ever so much and think she did to.  Here is a picture of me putting some foot exfoliant into my hands while her feet were soaking in a warm and calming foot bath.
 After work Wednesday evening, Robert and Amy picked me up from the spa and we went to a Greek restaurant which Amy so kindly treated us to.  We all enjoyed our dishes and went home with full bellies !!!

Thursday was a relaxing day for all of us.  Robert and I came home from work in the evening and relaxed around the house with Amy.  Robert made us leek soup with herbed baguettes for ourr evening meal.  Yum !
Friday I worked and came home where I got ready to go out with Robert.  Robert and I went to a local pub (about 30 minutes away) and saw our friend Jorge play a concert.  There were about 35-40 people there and we really enjoyed our evening with friends.  Here is a picture of Isa and I.  Isa is Jorge's girlfriend and a really great friend of mine.
Saturday Amy and I headed into Alexanderplatz.  Upon arrival we heard some music and followed our ears.  There was a group of people dressed all crazy and fun !!! They played music on drums and tamborines.  It was so neat to see and watch.  The crowd was quite large and everyone seemed to be very mesmorized (as were we) !

For dinner Saturday evening, Robert made his famous Spaghetti A La Mama.  It was delicious as always !
Sunday late morning Amy, Robert, and I headed to the Mauer Park Floh Markt.  The flea market hosts a huge karaoke every Sunday.  Anyone can sing any song they want.  The people running the outdoor karaoke have basically any song you could ever think of.  I am not just saying that, they truly do; thousands, upon thousands.
 After we wandered the flea market, we watched some of the karaoke, and then headed near the flat to get burgers at a nearby burger place.  Here is a a wall near the flea market full of neat graffiti.  There is a man in the background working on some art!!
The Burger place was called Marineburger.  It's our favorite burger place and is really popular in Berlin.  If you ask almost anyone, they will recommend you go to Marineburger for a burger.  Robert had the house burger and Amy and I both had veggie burgers.  Mmmmm, they sure were tasty !

Monday Robert and I both had to work.  I was home two hours before him and so I prepared cheese stuffed tortellini with a cream and mushroom sauce.  I also made some herbed baguette and Robert made a cucumber salad once he came home so that we had something fresh on our plate.

After eating our meal,  the three of us headed over to the Shisa place near our flat.  We smoked peppermint citrus shisha.  It wasn't as flavorful as normal and was a little harsh too quickly.  But we still enjoyed the hookah and our time together !
 Afterwards, we came home and relaxed on the couch, falling asleep almost immediately!

Today is now Tuesday, and Amy and I will head into the city and I will show her pieces of the Berlin wall in Potsdamer Platz.  We are hoping to get coffee in a nearby cafe and come home to make Robert a warm meal together.  No idea what we will make, but it will be fun to be able to cook with Amy !

1 comment:

  1. Great day it was, today! :-) I enjoyed my time with you, all of it. I can't wait to go through all my/our pictures again.
    However, seems as though we'll have to move our 'cooking date' to a future time and location :D I think I can deal with that. Hope you're game!

    *mountain?

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)