Saturday was a relaxing morning with breakfast around 11 and slowly getting ready to go into the city. Around 2 O'clock we headed into Alexanderplatz and looked around the mall for too short of a time, but we will look more later when it is just us girls !! Afterwards we went to an Asian place I really enjoy.
We were not dressed warm enough and so it was too cold to enjoy ourselves, so we headed home. Robert worked on a project he is doing for school and then cooked Rice for dinner and we watched the movie The Black Baloon. I could not even tell you what it was about because I fell asleep maybe an 45 minutes into it. Whoops !!!
Sunday was pretty relaxed. I was up early like always while Amy and Robert slept until almost 11am. After they both woke up we had breakfast together and then lounged around the house and slowly got ready. Aroung 1 O'clock, Robert left for his Handball game, and Amy and I left for the Mauer Park Floh Markt (Flea Market) It was so cold, rainy, and extremely windy. Almost 70 mph winds. CRAZY ! Lets just say we didn't look long and headed back home after a short while. On our way home we decided to stop and have lunch and coffee. There is a cafe I have always passed and wanted to try out, and so we decided to stop in for lunch. The nice thing about this cafe is that it is literally right around the corner from Robert's and my flat. We ordered a cheese plate filled with brie, feta, butter cheese, fresh spreadable cheese with chives, mozzarella, another cheese I cannot remember, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, apples, grapes, marmelade, a hard boiled egg, brötchen, and a croissant. It was rather large and very nicely priced. Amy drank freshly pressed orange juice and I, nothing. While we were eating Amy asked me how late they were opened and we found out that at that exact moment the cafe was closing. The girl who was working inside the cafe was lovely though, and told us to take our time and relax, she still had things to do and we were ok to continue eating for a while. That was nice of her, and so we finished our food and obviously, did not sit and drink a coffee. This was a shame though, because we had brought the game 'farkel' and were going to play while sipping on tasty coffee. It was actually ok though, because we came home and relaxed at the table while talking
Around 7:30, Robert phoned me to let me know that he would be coming home from his game. I began making dinner for the three of us. I made sauteed potatoes with onions, peas and carrots, and hackbraten. Hackbraten is slightly hard to explain. It is a patty of ground beef with many many spices stuffed with feta cheese. The original recipe does not contain feta cheese, but I thought it would be TASTIER with feta cheese. Because really people, what person doesn't enjoy a tasty piece of cheese ! This way, it's hidden and
is a mouthful of suprise and delight !
After dinner, we all headed over to the couch (I with my knitting and Amy with her magazines) and began to watch the show 'Obsessed'. It's an american series, but Amy brought them with her on her computer. We really enjoyed the show and maybe a few tears were even shed throughout, (due to emotion) but it was really, quite nice! Around 11pm Robert grew tired and so we turned off the television and went to sleep for the evening.
Today is Monday and I am off for the day. Amy and I will do some shopping in the city center.. It is supposed to be very cold and even more windy than cold. I am not looking forward to the wind, but am happy to have my sister here to spend the day with.
you and your sister are absolutely ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteenjoy your time with one another.
cheers!
Thanks for the update! I enjoy reading and seeing all that you are doing. I am so happy that you are able to spend this time together.
ReplyDeleteI also love feta cheese in many dishes, is has such a good flavor! :)
-a friend to knit with, 'we ARE adorable ;)'. I love your boots (if they are your boots)!
ReplyDeleteMolly I've really enjoyed everything, and look forward to the last few days! *I'm looking at you now from across the table.