I cannot recall a time in my life where time has flown by as quickly as it is right now. I have already been working for Adlon Day Spa for 2 months of IN SPA working. The training I don't really count. But if you want to count that, I have been working for them for 4 months. My GOODNESS !!! I am still enjoying my job, which is good, because after 2 months it would be terrible to hate it already. It's really lovely though, because Robert just began school this September and is home around 5pm (a huge change from before) and is going to Handball practice only two nights a week now. For the month of September, I am only working until 6pm, which means that we have a lot more time together. I am very very grateful for this.
Robert and I have found a new flat to move into ! We will be living there officially October 1st ! Oh my god, only 21 more days until we are living there ! I have no idea WHEN we will have time to pack. As I said, the time is going incredibly fast, but I know we will find the time. We sort of have to ;) We are moving to a flat which is a little bit smaller than the one we have now and is only one level. We both feel that the flat we have now is beyond huge and we have too much space which isn't occupied. Our NEW flat has a very nicely sized balcony and is on the 6th floor of the building. We have an elevator in our building too, which isn't so normal for Berlin, but is a nice necessity for moving. We have a fair amount of heavy items and the elevator will come in handy, especially when it comes to moving things to the 6th floor ! So, we are very excited about that :)
Some days ago Robert and I hung out around the city for a bit. We had coffee, sat by the river, walked around and enjoyed some time after I finished work and he finished his first day of school ! Here are some pictures from the day !
On a side note, I made Lach Soup last night with the help of Robert. He made this soup for me a couple of weeks back and I LOVED IT !! I asked him to tell me how it was done so that I could make it for dinner. It was quite tasty, but honestly not as good as when Robert made it. This first picture is of the Leeks and Ground Beef steaming and the second is of the finished soup ! It is such a fabulous and tasty soup !
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover" -- MARK TWAIN
First, nice quote choice. Very true, I'm sure. Better start to make some more 'fun' choices, 'methinks'. I think making choices that push you out of your comfort zone is important-and something I've recently been doing. Have YOU?
ReplyDeleteThe soup looks delicious. Is Lachs - leeks, in German? Side note nice nail polish color! I just painted my toe nails light/matte pink.
--is that red house YOUR house? Or...whose is it? It isn't your house, I'm almost positive, and it can't be your new place. SO - guessing you were strolling along and just snapped the pic randomly (?).
Nice post !
Sounds like you had a nice day. I enjoyed all the pics! The soup also looks delicious!
ReplyDelete