September 10, 2010

Insist on yourself. Never imitate.


Today I met with my friend Meadhbh for shopping and lunch at 11 this morning.  We shopped around for some hours and then had lunch at a tasty Thai place around 2 O'clock followed by some more light shopping.  I found some things from Zara's, WE, and Vera Moda!  Love ALL of them !  

I have been wanting shoes like these for a long long time and I finally found a pair after looking and looking that I am happy with and really enjoy.  I am trying to buy good quality shoes and clothes now that I am making better money and want to look nice and have nice things which will last.  I feel like this makes the most sense rather than purchasing new things over and over with cheaper items.  It seems quite illogical. 
Here if a fitted purple sweatshirt which is incredibly comfortable and I have NONE!  I feel like fitted pullovers (especially this cool purple one) look really nice for a relaxed feel with fancy jeans and great shoes or leg warmers with leggings and such.  SO HAPPY that I finally have a pullover.
And this little dress is FABULOUS.  The picture does it no justice.  it's actually silk in the center and the rest is a really light cotton material.  It is a pinky beige in 'real life' and I just adore it!  I will probably pair it with grey tights and a fabulous scarf !  
I bought some other things from Rossmann but nothing TOO exciting.  Hair masks, deodorant, some vitamins, water, and body wash (if you wanted to know)  haha!  

Today was a nice sunny day.  We haven't had one of those in QUITE a while.  Robert will be home in a little over an hour and we will probably go have coffee somewhere together and relax the rest of the evening.  I will be up for work at 6am tomorrow morning.  I already know that I have scheduled at 8am a brides makeup for her wedding!  I hope she likes it and that it goes well :)

I wish everyone a happy weekend !

2 comments:

  1. I like the pullover! I want it! haha :) Yeah, they're nice to have (I don't think I have any?). I can't believe it's 'longsleeve weather' already :O . Man....where has the summer gone!? The shoes are adorable. The shirt is tricky to see but I'm sure it looks great on you - maybe sometime soon I can SEE it up close (haha).

    I too love Zara, Vera makes great stuff but everything (shirts particularly) is SO flipping LONG! Then, you like long stuff so it makes sense that you enjoy the line more than I. I'm more of a hit or miss shopper. I like to look everywhere, with no brand in mind - don't care where it's from as it's hard ENOUGH to find clothes that fit. :P Blugh, shopping is stressful!

    YOU have a great weekend :) - I should post a blog this weekend ( I will! ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the clothes you purchased. It is fun to see the pics!
    How did the brides makeup go?

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)