September 13, 2010

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.

Today is the 2nd day I am unable to work. BLEH!  I decided to go to the Dr's office today and see what's up.  It turns out that I have a severe virus and she doesn't want me back in work for the ENTIRE WEEK.  I am definitely not going along with this, but will not work today or tomorrow.  I will see how I am feeling tomorrow and then hopefully, return to work on Wednesday.  


I have been spending the past two days lounging around and drinking the most lovely tea I have ever had in my life.  I am the pickiest girl ever when it comes to teas, but this one, I really adore !!!  It's a ginger chamomile tea with hints of honey and vanilla.  I don't add any sugar, milk, or honey to my tea, because I find that disgusting.  I find that my body is hurting more than ever through this sickness and I am feeling incredibly exhausted.  I suppose that comes with the body trying to repair and heal itself.  It's just obnoxious !  


I will try and disregard it though and focus on other things.  I have done some laundry today and cleaned up the kitchen.  If I sit around I will go crazy.  It's already almost 7 O'clock in the evening and Robert should be home for a short while and then he will head off to the gym until shortly after 8.  We will both enjoy Spring Noodle Soup for dinner.  Yes, I am being lazy today and making noodled soup from a mix while I am sick.  I almost feel guilty doing this !!! Terrible, I know.  but I have no energy!!




"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind.

The third is to be kind."

2 comments:

  1. awww, Mode! What kind of VIRUS do you have? Surely the doctor told you what type it is...and what it may have originated (?)

    Being ill definitely will make you feel tired/exhausted. Yes, it's because your body needs to use all of your energy (its energy) on that repair work. So - let it do its thing! Give it some fuel, rest, etc. Don't work TOO much. Make sure to mostly listen to the doc ;)

    Love you! Feel better soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I just viewed your blog. We hope that you are feeling chipper real soon again!!!
    Take care of yourself, and rest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)