July 05, 2010

Hyeellooooo !!!  So today is Monday and the weekend is over.  I honestly have no idea what even HAPPENED Friday Robert and I walked to the Park with Stewie (not Trep Tower Park) and played around there for a while.  
Saturday Germany played against Argentina in the World Cup and they fricken WON!! It was the sickest game I have seen in a long time.  The first and last goals were so insane.  Such a great great game to  watch!!!!  Around 6:30 in the evening Michael (in the Yellow shirt) and Thomas came over.  They are friends from Robert's old handball team in Halle.  Michael was celebrating his birthday here and he and Thomas went diving in the sea near Berlin.  They had the day and Evening free and so they spent it with us!  The picture is kind of awkward, but it was the only one that 'turned out'  haha!  Oh, by the way,  Robert is NOT trying to poop in this picture.
My friend Melissa came over Saturday as well to hang out.  The five of us were supposed to be going to my friend Meadhbh's birthday party at Club De Visionaire but we got there and they carded me.  You aren't supposed to carry your passport with you everywhere and so I didn't have it with me. I  have never been carded here and I do not look 16, so it was ridiculous.  They wouldn't let me in and because of this, I got into a bit argument with the drugged up man at the door, and it was just really silly.  So, Robert ended up going inside, getting Meahbh to at least let her know we were THERE and then we left.  We went somewhere else for drinks and then went to Lido for some dancing.  The music at Lido wasn't my cup of tea, but these boys from Halle are into Soul Music.  I mean like funk soul music.  Which ended up being OK.  But, I would have rather gone to something more grungy.  Grunge however, in Halle... HAHAHAHA does NOT exist.  These boys were SHOCKED at the fashion and people of Berlin.  It was like some small minded person from Cambridge coming here.  Slightly obnoxious, but humorous all in the same.
      Sunday was really nice and relaxing.  Stewie was so exhausted from being awake the entire night without us there (we got home around 4pm) that he let us sleep (and he did too) until shortly after noon.  Robert and I made breakfast and relaxed to the soccer game in the afternoon.  It was way too hot outside (94°) to even walk Stewie or spend time outside.  When the weather is so warm, Stewie refuses to walk and will just stop in mid walk and lay on the ground.  Extremely frustrating!!!
      Now, a new week is starting and tomorrow I have a meeting at Adlon Holding.  I am not so sure what it is about, but I guess I will find out tomorrow morning.  Oh, and my legs are healing nicely.  Still hurting, but beginning to itch like a BEAST !!!

3 comments:

  1. And, no it did not occur to me that Robert was pooping. But I am happy none the less, to know he was not.,
    I think that what you feel are small minded people, can come from anywhere. ;)
    I do not blame Stewie for not wanting to walk far. He is covered in thick coarse hair, and the heat must be uncomfortable for him.
    I am happy that your wounds are healing nicely. It is good to have the painful part over with. I do wish that it hadn't occurred in the first place, and I am certain you would agree. :)
    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't get into the place you intended on being at - and that you had soul rather than grunge, BUT sounds like everything worked out anyway. I'm happy to hear your owwies are healing well.

    Sick about the temp - funny though, because recently we spoke and you said you couldn't WAIT for it to be hot. Life's crazy isn't it? :) It's hot and sticky here, too. :P

    Good luck at the meeting - let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legs burning? Did you get a major sunburn just like me? I went to the beach last Wednesday and somehow burned the HELL out of my thighs. I'm talking 2nd degree burns. Even wearing a loose skirt was torture!!! They are finally healing and itching like crazy like you said...

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)