Monday I went to the Ausländerbehörde and picked up my Work Visa !!! It's official!!! I can WORK in Berlin! I can STAY in Germany. At least until my visa expires. Which is the 1st of June. So I have about a year until I need to renew it which that's really exciting ! It gives me some time to relax for a bit about my stay here. It's crazy to think that the 30th (Wednesday) will mark the 1 year anniversary since I have been here and the day that I met Robert.
Tuesday was really hot outside and so I relaxed most of the day inside with Stewie. He would have never been able to stand the heat outside and so, we played inside. Stewie and I waited for Robert to come home for a walk. Robert and I figured it would be cooler in the evening (which it was) to take Stewie for a walk. Around 8pm Robert and I walked to Treptower park for an outing with Stewie and each other!
Stewie and I usually play a game of chase when we go there together and I could see that he clearly wanted to play. I was wearing an ankle length dress and thought it wasn't the best idea to run with it on, but I pulled the dress up to my thighs and began to run. My speed got faster and faster and I started running on thick rock gravel. Lets just say, I whipped out. Robert just stared at me across the pond and yelled if I was ok ... he sounded nervous. But because I was in such shock and had no idea what had just happened I waved my hand back and forth in the signal of.. 'everything is ok.' ...Then I stood up, realized I couldn't really walk and that my legs felt like they were on Fire and yelled, ' OBBBIIIIIIIIII,' ...He came over and we looked at my knees. The wounds were So deep (which you cannot tell in the pictures) and my legs are so full of scratches (which you cannot see either) and a lot of flesh is missing from all over my leg. You can almost see the muscle in my left knee. It hurts So bad and I can hardly walk.
These are the wounds after they have been washed of blood and most dirt. After this picture was taken Robert told me that I had to pour alcohol on them or else go to the ER. I was terrified to go to the ER and so I had to pour alcohol on them to get rid of the bacteria. They were so deep that they are high risk of Tetanus if bacteria isn't removed as quickly as possible. The alcohol on them was one of the most painful things I have experienced. My body rapidly shook out of my control. But I could imagine someone could find this addicting. Haha!! I know that sounds really disturbing, but it's neat to watch the places where the bacteria is bubble, and the pain is just INSANE and weird. Unlike any pain I have felt. A very different feeling, that's for sure.
At the moment, Stewie is on the floor howling like a wolf at this squeaky newspaper toy Robert bought him...it's HILARIOUS!!!!! I must go and feed him dinner before Robert gets here !
Ouch!! is about all I can say. Heal quickly, and keep the wounds clean. :)
ReplyDelete