There is so much for everyone to catch up on! We have been living in berlin for two months now! It has been great. The people here are awesome, I have more friends here, a flat I really enjoy, a new job, and so much opportunity to learn and grow :) I have had some fun picnics with friends as well as Robert, began and am almost finished with my training at Adlon, have met Waris Dirie who wrote the book Dessert Flower, Read some great books myself as well, have taken nice walks and taken the time to breathe each day.
The weekend is here and Robert will be near the East Sea with the teammates from his old handball team. They will stay there from Friday until Sunday. While Robert is away I hope to clean the flat thoroughly. This afternoon Robert and I had lunch before he left. We had Sushi at my favorite place and then went off to meet his friend Steffen who is driving him to the East sea. Tonight I have invited my friend Melissa at my flat for a while. We will have some sekt and watch a girly movie. Her boyfriend is gone in Barcelona for the weekend and so we are both boy-friendless ;) Saturday afternoon I am meeting Meadhbh at Trep Tower Park where we will bathe in the sun, have some drinks, and have lunch somewhere. Maybe Sushi again?
We actually probably will not have Sushi again, but I could definitely have it two days in a row. It tends to be my food of choice. My favorite are just plain old Avocado Sesame Rolls. Simple yet tasty.
I have been asking Robert for MONTHS to get a dog. And I have been wanting a Rhodesian Ridgeback SO bad. They are such lovely dogs and I have read so much about them. Guess what!!! Yesterday he got me the one that I wanted. A real Rhodesian Ridgeback...i LOVE him. We have named him Stewie. Yes, Stewie! He's so cute and he already has our hearts...here is our little one:
He is only 10 weeks old and is so big already! They are big dogs, but are amazing for people and for leaving me safe here while I am at the house alone and going on walks with him in the evening. He is amazingly behaved already and I am very dedicated in training him. Today I have already spent 5 hours with him outside. I will take him out again for a short 20 minute walk to meet Melissa at the Train station (7 minute walk from the flat) As well as every 2 hours for a pee break. Tomorrow he will come with me to the park to meet Meadhbh. I hope he behaves well and is able to relax! Robert had him off the leash while we were at the park yesterday. It's normal for people to have their dogs off leashes here while walking them all around the city. I found this crazy at first, but I guess it's just having trust in the dog and having him trust you in return.
I received a letter informing me that my Working Visa has arrived and it went through perfectly!! Woot Woot! I can pick it up Monday and then I am legal to work !!! FINALLY a paycheck. We need the money.
The weekend has nicely began and I am excited to see Melissa tonight.



Wow! So much of that is exciting: Yay for finally getting paid at work, eh!? How CUTE that he got the both of you such a lovely dog:) Stewie...haha. How did that name come about - I'll ask you about it later.
ReplyDeleteThat sushi looks so tasty. It's been months since I've had sushi - I had it last in Vegas. It's nice that you and Robert go outside of the house often together (it seems), and that you are able to find some time for friends. I hope your time with Melissa is enjoyable (what is sekt!?!?). I'm happy you posted. Reading it this morning starts the day off great! Now - the Portugal vs Brazil game ! aaaaaalright.
Hey, thanks for including the pics! It's always a plus to be able to visualize what's going on in the lives of the people we love. I've repented of my jealously that you have a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and can sincerely just be happy for you. haha Stewie is gorgeous, and I hope and pray he doesn't follow after the ways of his namesake!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Sweetie!
AC
How exciting that you have a dog!! He looks like a sweet boy! Do as much reading as time allows to train him properly. :)
ReplyDeleteI am happy that your Visa is finally there, and I know you are too! That will be fun to begin working, and making some $$$!!!
I look forward to more pics of your flat!! The outdoor park pics are very nice.
And yes, what is sekt??? Quite curious on this. ;)