May 17, 2010

busy busy busy

So Wednesday was SO awesome.  Robert and I had planned on going to Warschauer Straße in the evening and have fun.  Warschauer Straße is such a great street and always has a lot going on.  So, around 8pm Robert and I left, we bought some drinks at a shop down the street and walked to a large bridge near our flat and sat for a little bit to talk and relax.  On our way to Warschauer Straße we passed a side street full of tons of people.  Robert wanted to see what was going on and so we walked down the street and Robert asked a girl what was going on.  She said something and I wasn't really listening.  Then he turned to me and said, 'Molly, did you hear what she said, tonight is the Dendemann concert.'  ...and we LOVE Dendemann.  He is one of Robert's favorites and mine too.  Probably my FAVORITE German artist.  So so cool.  And then I thought about how bad Robert wanted to go before and felt really bad he had forgotten about it.  Then he pulled an envelope our of his pocket and pulled two tickets out of the envelope??!  Dendemann tickets!!!  The concert was amazing, the crowd was insane, and the music was freakin' sick!  Such an amazing surprise that was never in 1,000 years expected.
       Thursday Germany had a holiday for 'Men's Day,' and so nothing was opened and Robert had off.  We spent the day watching girly movies, putting some things together in the flat, and having tasty tacos for dinner!
       Friday I received a call from Adlon letting me know that my training will start next Tuesday!  I am really excited to finally be starting a job and being paid.  Having money of my own.
     I have been so busy with getting things ready and putting things together for my job that unfortunately, I have taken no photos.  Tomorrow is my first day at the job training!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Dendemann concert?! Sounds like a good time for you both!
    What is the reason for the "mens day" holiday? A day off is always a good thing. :)
    I look forward to more pics of the flat. It sounds like you have been a busy gal. You enjoy your time at work, and I look forward to hearing all about that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh sweet ! I've been listening to that music every once in awhile.:) How exciting! Man, I've got to get to a show sometime this year.

    I find it funny that on Mens' Day you watched girlie movies. Recommendations on new ones worth watching?

    Congratulations on starting your job soon (today)!! I can't wait to hear all about it. You'll do great - work your magic! I wonder...you'll be speaking in German the whole time? Hmm, I'll have to ask you sometime about the specifics. Yes, it's great to have your own income. Enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. -been a while since you posted, eh ?

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)