Painting, Unpacking and Time with Old Friends
Saturday the painter came!!! He was shocked by how dark the colours we chose for the flat were! But I love the way they look! I will try and take some pictures tomorrow when we have natural sunlight. Saturday afternoon the weather wasn't so great but at least it wasn't raining! In the morning I picked up some water, meats, cheese, and brötchen for breakfast. It was a good thing I left the time I did because the person who is painting our flat was across the street Ringing someone else's bell!! I called him over and showed him up to the flat. Around 5pm the painter finished and Robert went to a soccer game with his friend Steffen and afterwards they went to watch the Handball game and meet 3 teams from Berlin which are interested in him. Around 4:30 (before the painter finished) I left to meet with my friend Melissa. It was really nice meeting with her because I haven't seen her since last August!!! Crazy how fast time flies. Melissa and I had a really fun evening and it was really nice to see her again. I hope we can make it happen more often now that Robert and I are living in Berlin.
Sunday was a really relaxing day. Robert and I slept until noon and woke up to begin putting the couch together and unpacking some things. It was a little bit stressful going the week without being able to unpack anything. It made the house too cluttered and messy. I wasn't a fan of this at all! It is so nice that we are finally able to start making it into a home! Here is Robert feeling quite exhausted after we have finished unpacking for the day. We definitely have more to do, but 10 hours of going through things were enough for us!!!
Today is mother's day too!! It was a shame my mom wasn't around to spend it with. I definitely thought about her throughout the day though. I normally do anyway, but today I sent some extra special thoughts her way. Below is a picture of my gorgeous mom. Happy Mother's day mama <3
Long time no speak/hear! You look so pretty in your picture; your hair color and cut looks great. I really like you as a blonde. Very striking :) Robert looks spiffy as well. I really like his hair short like that-then, I've always had a strange fondness for guys with that hair cut (haha).
ReplyDeleteI'm curious to hear about the handball team in Berlin - let us know in your next posting.
We DO have a great looking (and great on the inside, most importantly) Mom.
I bet you're happy to have the move over with, that your stuff is all unpacked for the most part I assume, and to be settled. Hopefully I can SEE the place pretty soon! How exciting...
Yes, it is exciting that you are in the new place, and you have a new job, and Robert has a new handball team, school coming up- etc... so many new things. It will be a fun time in your lives.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see more pics of the flat!! :)