March 10, 2010

Saw Alice in 3D !



Monday was a day for errands!  I got out of bed around 7am.   I got myself ready and then woke up Robert around half past seven.  We snuggled for about 10 minutes and then he got up and began getting ready for the day.  I made him a chorizo and gouda cheese sandwich for breakfast this morning and he was off shortly after 8.  For breakfast I ate a portion of dry granola (once again made by my mom!)  And then phoned Robert because he forgot to give me some money for groceries.  Once I was ready I headed over to his work which is about a 10 minute walk and picked up some money from him.  From there I went to Edeka to do some grocery shopping.  Edeka is about 10 minutes as well from Robert's work.  Once I was finished grocery shopping I came home and cleaned the entire Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and living room.  It's really nice having a clean flat!  I lit some candles and now everything smells so yummy!  I am extremely happy I brought along with me all of the candles I bought from Rowe while I was working there!  They are so wonderful to have on hand.  I have to say though, I burn them so often that we do not have so many left!  And almost all of the candles I had bought from Rowe were Yankee which are the best brand around.  I have never seen a yankee candle here!   Maybe they only sell them in the states?!  After I finished cleaning up I sat down to relax and write a couple of letters ! While I was writing I looked up and realized that it is snowing soooo fast and so many huge snowflakes!  I wish a picture could do it justice, but this is the best I could do!
Afterwards I wrote in my 'Book of Thoughts,' and then Robert arrived home.  He arrived home much earlier than I expected.  Well, an hour earlier than I had expected.  He said that it was one of the most stressful days he has had in quite a long time.  Soon after he arrived home he had to leave for Practice.  While Robert was gone I watched the movie 'Dear John.'  I thought it was good almost the whole way through, but in the end it wasn't that great of a movie.  I feel like 'The Notebook,' was a lot better.  Both are books written by Nicholas Sparks turned into movies.  And my god did I love the notebook.  Dear John had it's moments though, but I can't say I would recommend it.  After the movie I turned on Some Bullet for My Valentine and rocked out in the kitchen while cooking spaghetti.  Oh, and I realized that I never posted pictures of the Plant Robert's mom bought for me!  Here it is.  Isn't the pot ADORABLE!


And here are some Wooden Elephants she bought for me while she was in Africa.  She bought a set for herself, her daughter, and a set for me!  I simply adore them.  Elephants are one of my most favorite animals and so I gladly show these in the living room.  They are wonderful.  They also make me think of the ones my Dad bought while HE was in Africa!    Below the Elephants are some wooden mixing spoons along with the pot holder she bought for me in Africa.  Along with the spoons and the potholder is a postcard Robert and I were sent from them while they were in Africa! (so the two pictures are things given to us from Robert's parent's travels in Africa!!!)
      Tuesday I spent a lot of the day relaxing.  I took a really long bath in the afternoon and worked around the house and spoke with my mom for a little in the afternoon !! I honestly cannot really remember too much about Tuesday, so it must have been pretty uneventful!
      Wednesday after my German course I stopped by the Bäkerei and picked up some brötchen for Robert's breakfast tomorrow morning.  Once I got home I ate some lunch (a piece of Brötchen with Krauter sauce) and then Robert came home around 2pm.  We were both tired so we took a nap until 4:30.  Once we woke up Robert went to get the mail and told me a package arrived for me this afternoon while I was at school.  AH!  I wish I would have been here.  I have no idea who it was from.  I imagine it is from Katie with my makeup!  But that seems incredibly fast!  They will come again tomorrow afternoon and so I must rush home after my course to get it! After our nap I worked on my German homeowrk and then Robert surprised my by telling me that we are going to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie!!! I was so so so excited because I had been telling him I wanted to see it and he told me he didn't want to, it didn't look good at all, etc.  So this really shocked me that he reserved tickets for us.  I know how much he does not want to see it!  And so, around 5:45 we left for the Cinema because the movie began at 6:30pm and we arrived home shortly before 9!  The movie was very very visually stimulating.  The look of the film was pretty awesome!  The story-line was so much different than the book I think, but still good.  I would give it a 6/10 !!!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are enjoying your candles, and I bet that you will find a place where you live that has good candles! They create a nice smell. I think that the Alice movie looks like an interesting one to see. We may go to it. And yes, the plant/pot is very cute!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that granola delicious? I'm telling you, even if you follow that recipe it won't be as good as when mom makes it. It's ridiculous the 'touch' she has when it comes to desserts-then again, you are a grand baker...so you may be able to make a delicious one (as).
    Where in Africa did his mom go ?

    I want to see Alice...I might see it when it comes out of theatres. I won't see DearJohn now. :| Don't think I'd have seen it anyway as my movie list is quite long.

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)