March 14, 2010

(M)agnificent (O)bnoxious (L)ovely (L)istener (Y)ummy (Robert came up with this)

Thursday I waited and waited for my package to come.  Finally around 2pm when I saw the DHL (post) drive by I decided they were not coming with my package.  I was ENRAGED.  I decided that I would walk to the post office and pick up my package.  Seeing as though there are so many post offices here I had no idea how to get to the correct one.  Robert gave me terrible directions and we were not communicating very well as to where it was.  I was cold, mad that my package didn't come and that I had to walk forever to get it, and irritated that he could not tell me how to get there !!!!! AHHHHHH !!! I was fuming...for no reason (now that I look back, was stupid)  In the end, I found the post office.  And received my package !!! WOOT WOOT!!! Holy guacamole...yes, I do enjoy the occasional avocado!  I received SO much fricken makeup!!!  She spent around 300$$ on me.  I told her how much I was spending and she went OVER the limit.  I was shocked!  We sent receipts and everything so that we knew it was a true swap with fresh makeup from the actual store (as it was our first swap together)  but as she has been following me for a while she wanted to give me a lot of makeup as a gift.  She knows that I do not have a job and such.  This is normal in this community.  How awesome!  Here is a picture of everything I received....prepare to be jealous:
After I finished playing around with my makeup Robert got home.  We played some fun paper games such as tic-tac-toe, hangman, and then the box making game.   It was a pretty fun time and the time flew by incredibly fast!! Before we knew it, it was time for Robert to leave for practice.  While Robert was gone, I spoke with Amy for a little and showed her my goodies over the web camera!  Around 9 O'clock I began making dinner.  I decided to make Chili because the ground beef that we have was going to expire on Wednesday, so I thought it would be a good idea to use it up!  Robert LOVES this Chili and so I knew he would really enjoy it.  I remember the first time I told him I was going to make Chili he wasn't very excited at all and told me he didn't really like Chili.  After he ate MY Chili, everything changed.  He told me I HAVE to make it again.  And Robert only says this if he really likes something.  And so here I am, the second time making it!
      Friday we took a practice test for our main big test in German.  We finished our entire unit on Wednesday, and so up until Wednesday we will be taking practice tests which will take four full hours without break.  It is a very long strenuous test.  Once I arrived home I ate 2 pieces of chocolate for lunch from a box his mom gave us; I know, healthy, right?!  I reviewed my practice test from my German course until 2pm which is when Robert arrived home.  We spent some time together until 6 O'clock and then he left for practice.  While he was gone I relaxed on the couch and couldn't help myself but begin reading the book 'Mother Daughter Wisdom.'  I know Robert will be disappointed that I have not finished reading the books he has bought me, but I am craving this book.  It is haunting me next to the bed-stand and I must read it.  This is no joke. It is so good and informative.  
      Saturday Robert and I hate a really good breakfast and then left to get some groceries around noon.  On the  was we stopped at the nail studio to make an a appointment for next Saturday.  The reason we want to do it on Saturday is because Robert will be in Berlin helping his friend Steffen move into a new flat.  I will be here alone from saturday until sunday.  But Sunday Robert's mom is coming to Halle with Elias (his nephew) and we will spend the day here in Halle together. The obnoxious thing was though, was that the nail place was closed and so the woman said Robert can come in on Monday and make an appointment.  It's weird to me that you cannot do this over the telephone.  Anyway, we walked around a lot Saturday and I was cranky at some moments because it rained on and off.  I had just taken a shower before we had left and styled my hair.  So the rain was not helping.  On the way home, Robert and I went to the book store to look for some good German grammar books and such.  We also will purchase a German dictionary/thesaurus.  My teacher says that we should not be using a german english dictionary anymore.  It is only slowing our learning progress and should use a thesaurus or dictionary in GERMAN to help us understand what words are.  This makes a lot of sense to me.  Once Robert and I arrived home it was dinner time.  I made Robert some pesto noodles and I ate some joghurt with granola!  In the evening Robert had a handball they won 33-28 and Robert made 7 of those goals !!!  Oh, and here is what we saw on our way around the City Saturday morning:


      Sunday morning Robert put on some running clothes and took a jog to the train station to pick up some brötchen.  It is the only thing open in halle on Sunday.  After we ate breakfast, Robert I watched TWO movies!!!!  Crazy, I know.  We watched 'Men who Stare at Goats,'  and 'Shutter Island'  SHUTTER ISLAND was so so so so so good.  I would definitely recommend it.  It blew my mind.  And as far as 'Men who stare at goats,'  ...Amy, watch it.  You would enjoy this one.  Haha :)  
I hope you all had a good weekend !!!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting: That you watched Shutter Island and enjoyed it enough to recommend it!? I have been wondering if we (Ana and I) should watch that movie. So I guess we will? Also, I suppose we'll watch Men who stare at Goats. I'll let you know when I do and what we think about them. You do know the latter is based on a book right? (ps you better. Halle is so pretty-looks like a movie I saw in my film course. I'll ponder the title-it WAS filmed in Berlin. Might have been called Berlin...;)

    Send me the chili recipe! I'm curious about how you make it. Can you send it!? It looks delicious. Side note: does Robert know how to cook ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your package was finally received by you. It looks as if you were quite anxious for it to arrive. Looks like some pretty exciting things for one who loves make-up!
    The chili sounds/looks good too. I do enjoy a nice hot bowl of chile on a cold day. I like it with corn bread sometimes, and over rice is good too.
    The outdoor pictures look like it is a place full of history. Very charming.

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)