March 19, 2010

Grey is the new Black

Sunday evening...I know these usually begin on a Monday afternoon or something like that.  But it's Sunday evening. And here I am sitting on the couch while Robert is fixing something on his computer.  This happens a lot in the evenings.  I sit here and talk and talk and talk and say silly things while laughing at myself.  ...This evening I started thinking about it.  I am JUST like my sister.  There are so many times I have seen this same situation with her.  Talking and laughing; over and over.  Thinking that we are the funniest people living.  But if we listen...we are the only people laughing.  (most of the time)  ...there comes the occasional laugh from the other party, but most of the time, ...it is only us.  And this is an obnoxious, squeaky ...airy laugh.  I think it's awesome to be able to entertain yourself so easily...to find so much humor in oneself.  ...I love laughing.  I love smiling...It makes me feel good :)
      Monday I was having some stomach issues in the morning, so that wasn't very good.  Around noon they started to subside and I was able to do some housework.   It tends to be Monday's where I do a thorough house cleaning.  It was a good thing because the Apartments Robert and I were supposed to move into became unavailable and so Robert is very stressed about that.  I didn't want him to come home to a messy house which always adds a lot of stress and an uncomfortable feeling.  On Monday's Robert works from 8:30am until 5pm.  He then leaves to Practice with Kerni (who works with him as well) and comes home around 8-8:30.  Today though, Robert is getting a new car, and so he will pick that up after practice!!!  This is really exciting because a friend is giving it to him for free!  It's not a bad car either, just a really good friend.  For dinner I made a Chicken Auflauf with noodles, edam cheese, onions, red peppers, chicken breast, milk, water, and various spices.
       Tuesday was my last day of German course!  This was a little sad, but good at the same time.  It's nice to know that I have finished and learned a lot through my course.  I will hopefully be taking another German course while I am in Berlin (we will see though!)  Once I arrived home I ate some leftovers from the Chicken Auflauf and painted and wrote inside of some card which I will be sending off.  (I would show a picture, but then it won't be a surprise!)  Afterwards I knit on some baby booties and am finished with the first one and am halfway through the second!  I am happy that I have began knitting again.  We will see though if I keep it up !  I would like to knit a hat to match the booties (if I have enough matching yarn after the booties!)  In the evening I read, read, and read some more of the book Eldest.
      Wednesday was strange.  It seemed weird not going to my German course.  Nice at the same time though!  I woke up with Robert and as usual made him breakfast.  Once he left I took a bubble bath and relaxed for a while.  Afterwards I did some Laundry and got myself ready for the day.  Around 11pm I left to go into the city to pick some things up that I will be sending to the states in a week or so.  Überraschung !!!  Once I arrived home I painted my nails with O.P.I's 'Princesses Rule ' nail polish.  It's a really sparkly baby pink.  SO cute!  My nails look like crap though because they are short and ugly.  I cannot WAIT for my acrylics on Friday.  I hope they don't look too ridiculous.

    So, Thursday Robert and I spent the day together.  We had to get groceries and Robert told me to take my camera.  When we got outside he asked me if i liked the car he just got.  I said, yeah...it's nice.  A lot better than I imagined.  Then he told me to take another look.  I saw that the license plate said MJ..i thought that was so random he got a plate that said that !!! Then he said..no no no, look again.  It says MJ 18.9  My initials and my birthday (September 18th!)  How CUTE!!!  So now, he has a car with my name and birthday on it.  So so cute ! After we came home Robert and I sat on the couch and hung out together speaking and playing some fun word games while I was knitting some baby socks.  I have been knitting these beastly lately!!!  I plan on whipping out a pair every 5 days.  I could do a pair each day, but I don't want to spend the entire day knitting!
Today is Friday and I am leaving to get my nails done in a couple of hours.  I know this blog post is late because I always have one for you on Wednesday's and Sunday's,  but I have been pretty busy lately!  I will not have a Sunday post this week either.  So, the next post will be on Wednesday the 24th of March.  This evening I am going to Brehna to hang out with Robert's mom and will sleep there until Saturday which is when Robert will pick me up.  In the evening he has a handball game and then we will Drive to Berlin and come back late Monday evening.  I will tell you all about everything next Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet ride ;)

    And I totally know what you mean about the random laughing. I think it's a good thing. You're right, it's nice to be easily entertained. Makes us more independent!

    Have fun w/ Roberts mom. Of course you will, goes without saying. I can't wait to hear all about it and to see your nails !

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur posts are enjoyable to read. It sounds like you two have a lot of fun! Be sure to post pics of the nails!! The car sure is nice too!! I look forward to hearing about your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)