March 24, 2010

I drew a line for you...

Friday Robert came home early (around 2 O'clock)  and stringed his acoustic guitar (this was cute to watch)  He has never done it before and it was the first time!  The process was fun to watch and I had a hard time not laughing at specific moments. Around 3:40 I left to go to my Nail Appointment!  After the Appointment I went to the train station where I took the train to Robert's mom's house!  Elias (his nephew) and his mom picked me up and we went to the shopping center in Brehna!  While we were there we picked up some movies, groceries, and she bought me a new pair of shoes!!! I don't know how you will feel about them, but I think they are so much fun and LOVE them!  
For dinner Robert's dad made Toast Hawaii.  It's so simple, but really good.  It's just pieces of toast, a slice of ham, a bunch of pineapple (or a pineapple ring) and then a slice of cheese (gouda is what he used) he put it in the oven 180°C until brown and crispy and MAN OH MAN was it delicious!!!!  His mom gave me everything to make it for home!  Around 9:30 it was time for Elias to go to sleep and he wanted me to watch a movie with him before falling asleep.  We watched some Pixar Bee Movie.  It might even be called just that 'Bee Movie,' But,  I am not so sure.  In the morning we enjoyed the nice weather and I looked through her book collection.  Underneath is what I picked out to take home with me.  I chose a large book of children's stories from a long time ago.  She read this book to Robert when he was little!  A book called "Ich war zwölf..." about a girl and her experience of being raped by her father.  And a tasty looking cookbook!  I am excited about all of these books.  Ich war zwölf is hard for me to read because it is very very sad.  But it is also really awesome to be reading and understanding an actual book fully in German.   There is probably a word every couple of sentences or so that I cannot understand, but I still get the context and fully understand what is going on.  I think I have too many books going on right now!!!
Around 3pm Robert picked me up from his parent's house and we drove back home where I got ready for his handball game.  The game was very intense and was a really hard game.  He played against his best friend Christian.  It was a really good game though, but was a shame they lost.  After the game Robert and I drove to Berlin and slept at his friend Steffen's house.  There were 5 of us sleeping there.  Four guys and me.  Robert and I woke up around 10am and left the flat for some ice cream and coffee.  The ice cream here is to die for.  I dont think you can BUY bad ice cream on the streets of Germany.  It's all fantastic!  So, after ice cream and coffee I left for Alexander platz to meet Meadhbh and her new boyfriend Henning (who is also going to acting school in Berlin)  We met around 2:30 and went to an awesome cafe where we stayed and talked while drinking coffee and tea for almost four hours.  It was so nice catching up with her.  I haven't seen here in forever!  Around 6:30 Henning had to go home and Meadhbh and I went to a pub that she heard was playing some awesome live music.  So we went to go watch the band and I really ejoyed it.  It was very different.  The people were Russian and had a middle eastern hippie vibe to their music.  It was really cool!!!  
      Around 9pm Robert picked me up and we went to his sister's house to sleep.  Monday morning Robert and I went to look for Apartments around Prenzlauer berg.  We only had 4 appointments and favored one the most.  We were not fully satisfied and so we will go to Berlin again from Friday until Saturday, come home for Robert's game, then leave again Sunday until Monday for Berlin for more appointments in Kreuzberg.  We really want to live there as it is more of a grungy, artistic, really COOL neighborhood.  It's where the true Beriner's live and as I said is very artsy.  We love it :)  
      While killing some time in Berlin Robert and I stopped at a hookah lounge right acros the street from one of the apartments we looked at.  It's a cool place because the windows/doors in the front are completely open and so you are basically outside while sitting inside....it's open to the outdoors!  We got citrus peppermint flavored hookah which is my new favorite and sipped on some juice.  I got pineapple juice and Robert had Banana juice both were really good and of course they served us pretzels to snack on.

Here is a cool place we randomly parked by called 'Molly's Stübchen.  We thought it was so random it had my name in it, especially being in Germany.  I feel like no one has ever heard my name before!  So, this was cool!
The Apartment search was ok, but as I said, we were not fully satisfied, so we will look more next weekend.  Monday I spent a lot of the day knitting!!!! Here is what I have finished this past week.  The project that is on needles is a hat to match the baby leg warmers:
Oh Oh Oh!!!  And my recommendation of the week would have to be a movie I recently saw. I watched the movie Precious.  Oh my god, it was a very good movie.  I don't understand why I waited so long to see it.  I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a good movie to see once it comes out into dvd!  

2 comments:

  1. Aww what nice pictures! I absolutely adore the baby leg warmers :) If I ever have a baby you are in charge of the fashion, eh ? Maybe I don't need to shop at all!? haha

    Too bad the apartment hunting didn't go 100% as planned but there is still plenty of time. You'll find the perfect place. I wonder how much the cost of living is over there. I could easily find out via internet search.

    Precious IS a great movie. We saw it in theatres when it first came out and find out not too shabby. Not the BEST movie ever but certainly worth seeing. Happy to hear you enjoyed it.

    *Molly shop thing rocks, by the way. I love that you took a picture by it. It's always fun to find random things like that that make you smile and are worth lingering near for a bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, your nails look lovely!! I like your frech manicure.
    The toast Hawaii sounds like a good combination of ingredients. Why haven't I thought of that before??
    It is great that you are reading German books. That is a good way to further learn the language.
    I enjoyed all your pictures! It is fun to see what you are both up to!
    What does Stubchen mean?

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)