Wednesday I went to my German course which was nice! I am still in shock that it will be over in a week and a half! I also cannot believe that Robert and I will be moving to Berlin in less than two months! We have not even SEEN the apartment that we think we will be buying!
So Wednesday afternoon Robert received a call from his mom asking him if I would like to take the train to Brehna (where she lives) and go to a really good salon where she gets her hair done and get my hair done as well as acrylic nails. OF COURSE I said yes. I have never had professional acrylic nails before and have been speaking about how I would really like some. I cannot WAIT! Almost every female here has some form of artificial nails. It's insane. I will get mine just above the tip of my fingers. I don't want them too long and will go for a plain french tipped design. Maybe I will have a design put on one fingernail or something. Robert hates when there are jewels an such on them (which SO MANY girls have ) and so I will not get anything too crazy. I prefer something more classy anyway! I am very very excited. I think it's hilarious because Robert's mom said she isn't sure that we can get a nail appointment but is really hoping so. She told the ladies that she needs an appointment for her soon to be daughter in law ??!! What ever that means.....I was shocked by this. How CUTE that she would say that too!
When Robert came home from work he arrived with a gift for me! First you must know that yesterday I finished my 'Book of thoughts.' This is a book where I write any and every sentence that comes to my mind. For example: I cannot wait until my hair is longer * I really enjoy drinking water * Jumping up and down makes me feel happy! * Singing is good for my soul * I dream while I sleep...or is it the other way around * ...etc. SO, Robert suprised me today with a brand new 'Book of Thoughts,' for me!!! He even drew a picture on the first page :) SO adorable. And I love it.
While Robert was away at Handball practice I worked on and finished my German homework for the day and then wrote in my 'Book of Thoughts.' I put the dishes away and reloaded the dishwashing machine. I will put these away tomorrow after my German course, that way I don't have to dry them ! Sneaky, I know ! And finally, around 10pm Robert arrived home from practice. I really don't like that he comes home so late. I am noticing that I am very tired lately and do not like the fact that I am so exhausted and looking so drab when he arrives home. I am by no means a fan of this. ANYWAY, I did not have anything prepared for dinner. Robert ate something before he left for practice today. He said that he doesn't sleep well when we are eating at 10:30pm. So we relaxed together and watched the movie Contact with Jodie Foster.
Friday after my German course I paid for the final test that I will take April 9th. This will give me a certificate saying that I have passed my course successfully and am only have three more courses to take until I am finished with my German Schooling! In the afternoon I finished all of my german homework, did the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and made Robert some grilled cheese sandwiches with meat, mustard, and cheese. With some Lentil soup! He likes his lentil soup with a lot of sugar and vinager! I suppose it's how they make it here. Afterwards Robert spent a bit of time translating my resume and cover letter. This was a bit stressful for him. But after many hours he finally finished it.
Saturday I took the train to Brehna where Robert's mom picked me up! We went and got our hair cut together at the place she always goes to. They had some amazing smelling products. The girl who did my hair is trying finishing her schooling to become a 'Friseur Meisterin,' Hair cutting champion! She wasn't very talkative and so I had to start every conversation. But she was very friendly and nice in the end! She has scheduled appointments for me to go with her and get my hair coloured and cut every 4 weeks. She couldn't get a nail appointment so fast and so she will find the best place here in Halle that can do it for me. We think I need to have really great looking nails for when I go for interviews at various spas. I will have that appointment some time later this week! After we got our hair cut we went to a place that takes professional photographs. I needed one for my resume. You are supposed to have one on a resume here which I find kind of strange. I feel like in america it would look like you are cocky if you put a picture on your resume. Robert's mom got her picture taken too (just for fun!) It was cute! Following our pictures we went to the flower shop near by and picked up some gorgeous flowers for her colleagues birthday on Monday. She bought me a gorgeous plant in an adorable pot for the flat! I love it! We not have three house plants!
I arrived home shortly after five. Robert had to leave for his handball game shortly after. While he was gone I freshened up and then Kooni and Leo picked me up the flat around 19:40. The three of us had so much fun at the game (I love those guys) The game was awesome!!! They beat the other team SO brutally! The final score was 34-24! It was very crucial that they won that game in order for them to stay in the top! After the game, I sat with all the players and some friends in the changing room. We were there until 2am. In the end there were only six of us left. It was a good time :)
Sunday Robert and I slept almost the entire day. We got out of bed around 10 and I made some fabulous spicy soup with meat, potatoes, chilies, onions, and peppers. I made a cheese roll and cut it into slices with some salami and grilled it on some focaccia bread for sandwiches to eat with the soup. Robert loved it, and it was good! Afterwards Robert and I laid back down and fell asleep until half past 5! A lot of sleeping, I know! Once we woke up I made us some ice cream with the LOVELY malt making stuff my parents sent us that Robert is in love with! I crushed up some homemade toffee my mom made and put that along with some peanuts in the ice cream. It was deee-licious! I ate mine while watching the movie 'Becoming Jane,' (which you should watch if you are looking for a good movie) Mom, I bet you might like it! It's about Jane Austin. It's fairly new. Anyway, I watched it while Robert played Battlefield with some of his teammates online. It was a good and relaxing sunday!
Saturday I took the train to Brehna where Robert's mom picked me up! We went and got our hair cut together at the place she always goes to. They had some amazing smelling products. The girl who did my hair is trying finishing her schooling to become a 'Friseur Meisterin,' Hair cutting champion! She wasn't very talkative and so I had to start every conversation. But she was very friendly and nice in the end! She has scheduled appointments for me to go with her and get my hair coloured and cut every 4 weeks. She couldn't get a nail appointment so fast and so she will find the best place here in Halle that can do it for me. We think I need to have really great looking nails for when I go for interviews at various spas. I will have that appointment some time later this week! After we got our hair cut we went to a place that takes professional photographs. I needed one for my resume. You are supposed to have one on a resume here which I find kind of strange. I feel like in america it would look like you are cocky if you put a picture on your resume. Robert's mom got her picture taken too (just for fun!) It was cute! Following our pictures we went to the flower shop near by and picked up some gorgeous flowers for her colleagues birthday on Monday. She bought me a gorgeous plant in an adorable pot for the flat! I love it! We not have three house plants!
I arrived home shortly after five. Robert had to leave for his handball game shortly after. While he was gone I freshened up and then Kooni and Leo picked me up the flat around 19:40. The three of us had so much fun at the game (I love those guys) The game was awesome!!! They beat the other team SO brutally! The final score was 34-24! It was very crucial that they won that game in order for them to stay in the top! After the game, I sat with all the players and some friends in the changing room. We were there until 2am. In the end there were only six of us left. It was a good time :)
Sunday Robert and I slept almost the entire day. We got out of bed around 10 and I made some fabulous spicy soup with meat, potatoes, chilies, onions, and peppers. I made a cheese roll and cut it into slices with some salami and grilled it on some focaccia bread for sandwiches to eat with the soup. Robert loved it, and it was good! Afterwards Robert and I laid back down and fell asleep until half past 5! A lot of sleeping, I know! Once we woke up I made us some ice cream with the LOVELY malt making stuff my parents sent us that Robert is in love with! I crushed up some homemade toffee my mom made and put that along with some peanuts in the ice cream. It was deee-licious! I ate mine while watching the movie 'Becoming Jane,' (which you should watch if you are looking for a good movie) Mom, I bet you might like it! It's about Jane Austin. It's fairly new. Anyway, I watched it while Robert played Battlefield with some of his teammates online. It was a good and relaxing sunday!
Robert relaxing in bed after a long weekend!
A malt to start the day, eh ? I suppose that WOULD be nice. I had some ice cream last night before bed. That's how I roll (kind of a pun, eh ?) Do most girls really have fake nails over there ? What about jewels in their teeth? (haha...you know, like Isa) That would be hilarious-you getting one. How nice of his mom :) Taking you around and spending all that time with you. She sounds like a really sweet lady.
ReplyDeleteSo,your german course will be over soon, and I bet that you will miss going to it. YOu will be able to study on your own then?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good time getting your hair done with Robert's Mom. It sounds like she is very good to you, and enjoys your company, but who wouldn't?? You are so much fun to be around. How did the photograph turn out? YOu will have to take a picture of your nails when you get them done for us to see!! :)
It sounds like you are making good foods, and getting planty of rest, and that is important for good health!
Who are Leo and Koonie? I am also glad that Robert's team won their game, and I bet that was exciting! You should post of pic of the drum lady!
YOur book of thoughts sounds like a good, creative thing to do, and how nice for Robert to get you a new one, right when you needed it!
I will take your advice on the movie, I even brought that one home a couple weeks ago from the library, but we did not get a chance to watch it, so I will get it for next weekend for us to watch. Thanks for the tip.