Thursday was the day of my final exam to place me into the German course I needed. The test that we all took was incredibly hard. It ended up being a lot harder than I had expected. This is not to say that I expected it would be easy, but after taking the practice test yesterday afternoon I was quite confident. However, after the professor instructed us to open our booklets and begin taking the test, I began reading ....and sweat came. There was some vocabulary I wasn't sure which made it hard to understand different paragraphs or stories. I however passed! I passed. Can you believe it, I PASSED. Do you want me to say it again? No, I imagine that you have the idea and understand that...
.... I PASSED !!!!!!!!!
Naturally, I was slightly nervous but excited at the same time! I am still in shock though that I was able to pass and make this course. Around 12:15 we were able to leave Inlingua and go home. I called Robert as soon as I left the school and we met for coffee at N8. He was incredibly happy for me and shocked in the same that I passed. I of course, was happy too! On the way home I made Robert check the mailbox (he has the key) for my books. Because I have been gone during the days I am not here to open the door for the postman so he/she will leave a note in the postbox saying that he/she either left it with a neighbor (which is what usually happens) or that it is as the post office. They weren't :( Saturday is the latest they can possibly be here, so they better be in my hands by then or ELSE.
I didn't end up going to my underwater massage because I was feeling incredibly nauseous in the afternoon/evening which was a shame. Robert still left for his massage and immediately after went to practice. While he was gone I enjoyed speaking with Amy over Yahoo for a bit, studied some German, and read once again from Middlesex.
For dinner Robert and I had brötchen as I need to get groceries tomorrow after my German Course! (Oh, and if you didn't know I am able to be in the German course because..... I PASSED THE EXAM!) muahahahahaha.
Friday I had my German course. I was incredibly surprised by how quickly the time flew by while I was there. I asked my friend Juan Pablo what time it was and when I asked him there was only an hour remaining. I definitely assumed we were only halfway through!!! I received my book for the course and picked up a new notebook and some colored marker pens. I find it easiest to study when I color code my notes and such. It also makes it more fun ;) Yes, I know...I am girly. I understood the information we were given today throughout the course as well as the homework we were assigned for the weekend. After school I went to Edeka to pick up some groceries. Robert and I decided that we are only going to spend 25€ a week on groceries. I have made a menu (which I usually do) for the week of what we I will make for lunch/dinner as well as snacks Robert eats in when he comes home from work before practice. It makes it a lot easier to go shopping when one has a list. This way a person doesn't go off track and buy impulse items. It seemed to work because I spent 22€ today! While I was grocery shopping Robert called me from his work and asked me if I would like to meet him for Coffee. Of course I said yes, so he met me at Edeka just as I was ringing my items up and we walked to N8 together for some coffee. After coffee Robert had to hop on the Tram and go to the physical Therapist for his hand. While he was there I walked around the city for an hour or so and then I went back to the flat. I made myself a bagel with some cucumber, onions, tomato, and cream cheese for lunch. Yum! After lunch I began my German and finished around 3pm just as Robert was walking through the door. He looked over it, we talked about it, and then we took a nap as we were both tired from our days. Before Robert left for Handball he kept talking about the Ultimate Chocolate Cake I made two weeks ago; it was featured in a previous blog entry. Then he asked me if I would please make it this evening. We didn't have powdered sugar to make the frosting so around 6pm I ran to the store to pick some up as well as some bread that Robert requested.
Afterwards I picked up some other fun items at the convenience store for myself as he gave me 15€. The bread and powdered sugar definitely weren't so expensive so I had a bit left over. This is when I picked up my notebook (3.79€) and marker-pens (2.99€ on sale, normally 7.99€) Great deal eh? The notebook was a bit expensive, but Its a really great one.
Saturday Robert and I relaxed most of the day. Robert had a handball game tonight as it was Saturday and they won by 9 POINTS !!! How exciting is that. It's always great to have a happy boy after a sports game. Not so nice though when they lose. They haven't lost any home games for quite a while though. The teammates swear its because of the pump up music Robert has created for pre-game time. We thought we would probably go out after the game but we realized we were WAY too tired. Robert and I went to sleep around 2am and woke up around 9:30 which is incredibly rare for us on a Sunday morning. We had our normal Sunday breakfast and then we made our journey off to lay in bed once more for our normal Sunday film viewing ! Believe it or not we watched TWO films this Sunday. Creation and Charles Darwin: Tree of Life. Creation is a film about Charles's book and how it came to be throughout his travels and Charles Darwin: Tree of Life is an hour long documentary on his discoveries and theories. Robert and I chose these movies because we have been discussing creation and evolution a lot lately and so we found these films very interesting and thought provoking. Afterwards Robert fell asleep and I got up and cleaned the kitchen thoroughly. After making coffee I poured some into my Thermos, turned to grab something off of the counter, WHAM I hit my thermos and is spilled all over the wall, floor, counters, and stove. Lets just say I was way too tired to clean up and figured I would do it after lounging for a little. This is what I spent 2 hours doing. Cleaning coffee stain as well as the kitchen VERY thoroughly. This is always very nice to have finished. In the evening Robert and I ate potato soup with grilled ham, cheese, and mustard sandwiches! YUM!
The weekend was relaxing as some weekends should be! I hope you had a relaxing or eventful weekend; whatever you prefer as long as it was a good one!!!
For dinner Robert and I had brötchen as I need to get groceries tomorrow after my German Course! (Oh, and if you didn't know I am able to be in the German course because..... I PASSED THE EXAM!) muahahahahaha.
Friday I had my German course. I was incredibly surprised by how quickly the time flew by while I was there. I asked my friend Juan Pablo what time it was and when I asked him there was only an hour remaining. I definitely assumed we were only halfway through!!! I received my book for the course and picked up a new notebook and some colored marker pens. I find it easiest to study when I color code my notes and such. It also makes it more fun ;) Yes, I know...I am girly. I understood the information we were given today throughout the course as well as the homework we were assigned for the weekend. After school I went to Edeka to pick up some groceries. Robert and I decided that we are only going to spend 25€ a week on groceries. I have made a menu (which I usually do) for the week of what we I will make for lunch/dinner as well as snacks Robert eats in when he comes home from work before practice. It makes it a lot easier to go shopping when one has a list. This way a person doesn't go off track and buy impulse items. It seemed to work because I spent 22€ today! While I was grocery shopping Robert called me from his work and asked me if I would like to meet him for Coffee. Of course I said yes, so he met me at Edeka just as I was ringing my items up and we walked to N8 together for some coffee. After coffee Robert had to hop on the Tram and go to the physical Therapist for his hand. While he was there I walked around the city for an hour or so and then I went back to the flat. I made myself a bagel with some cucumber, onions, tomato, and cream cheese for lunch. Yum! After lunch I began my German and finished around 3pm just as Robert was walking through the door. He looked over it, we talked about it, and then we took a nap as we were both tired from our days. Before Robert left for Handball he kept talking about the Ultimate Chocolate Cake I made two weeks ago; it was featured in a previous blog entry. Then he asked me if I would please make it this evening. We didn't have powdered sugar to make the frosting so around 6pm I ran to the store to pick some up as well as some bread that Robert requested.
Afterwards I picked up some other fun items at the convenience store for myself as he gave me 15€. The bread and powdered sugar definitely weren't so expensive so I had a bit left over. This is when I picked up my notebook (3.79€) and marker-pens (2.99€ on sale, normally 7.99€) Great deal eh? The notebook was a bit expensive, but Its a really great one.
The weekend was relaxing as some weekends should be! I hope you had a relaxing or eventful weekend; whatever you prefer as long as it was a good one!!!
Haha! What a mess-the coffee spill. Man, I hope that got thoroughly cleaned up, eh ? ;)Congratulations on passing the test! That's awesome. Are these courses continuous year round or will you have a break sometime? Though, it's probably nice to have something to do on a regular basis outside of the home. Especially something REALLY cool like foreign language. :)
ReplyDelete