Tuesday I had to meet Robert in the square at 11am. This meant that I definitely could not sleep in so late. I decided to slowly wake myself up with a relaxing and refreshing bath filled with mint aroma to get my senses going as well as to energize me. Afterwards I walked met Robert in the square where we then walked to Inlingua for my German Exam. I felt as though I did pretty well and was told that I had to come back the next day at 7:50am for a training course!!!! This means that I have to get up extremely early! After the stressful time at Inlingua Robert and I followed it by going to the soup place and had soljanka soup. It is an incredibly delicious soup filled with chilies, peppers, onions, sausage and other goodies. Soljanka is quite spicy which is okay, because this is just the way I like it! After our yummy soup we went to the Italian Ice Cream place and ordered an ice cream cone. This is the second week we have purchased a cone from the shop and I hope it becomes a habit because the ice cream is to die for! The cones are pretty small compared to an american sized cone but the size is perfect for a tasty snack!! It was time for Robert to head off to work after his lunch break and so we said our farewells and I walked to the bäkerei (bakery) and purchased some brötchen. Because Rossmann is across the street from the bäkerei I decided to stop there while I was out and about and pick up some items I was either running low on or completely out of. I don't think that I have to go through everything I purchased. You can pretty much see for yourself! But these chapsticks are FABULOUS. Isana is hands down my favorite brand for glossy, creamy, hydrating chapsticks. Its very comparable to the Nivea one. I however, prefer the Isana brand! I am not sure you have it in the states. I think not.
At 2 O'clock I got home from shopping around Halle. It was a pretty dreary day outside. It sprinkled rain the entire day and the snow was an ugly shade of grey. However, it was really nice to get outside. I say this all of the time but it seems as though I don't get out as much as I should. I am not sure why it is so hard to leave the house some afternoons. I didn't get a chance to see Robert at until shortly after 10pm. He had an incredibly busy day. He was working, had to see the physical therapist and then was busy with handball practice from 7 in the morning until 10 in the evening. He was completely exhausted when he got home from practice and we basically went to sleep right away. This was the best idea because Wednesday I had to wake up at 7am to get ready for my training and practice test at Inlingua. I knew that I would be there until 12:30 so it is best I got a bit of sleep. Robert walked me there. It is a little out of the way from his work, but he wanted to share walk with me. The training and pre test went very well. I met all of the students who could possibly be my future classmates. Some were alright and others obnoxious. That is life though, always a variety of people. After taking the exams the teacher corrected them and handed them out. I passed with a score of 83%. I felt pretty good after taking the test and was incredibly happy yet SHOCKED that I passed. The test contains knowledge beyond what I thought I knew. This was a very exciting moment for me. However, this was just a practice test and not the real one. Tomorrow morning (Thursday) I will go back to inlingua at 7:50am to take the REAL test. The tests will then be sent into Frankfurt where they will be officially corrected. I am not sure as to when we find out how we did. I imagine the teacher will let us know Thursday morning. In the evening I spent a bit of my time speaking with my sister Amy followed by some light reading of the book Middlesex. Afterwards I made some noodles for Robert and me with onions, sausage, tomatoes, and egg. It was pretty tasty.
Sorry this has been such a short post but I am very busy this evening and didn't get very much time to spend with Robert yesterday or today, so we will spend this evening together !!!!
Sorry this has been such a short post but I am very busy this evening and didn't get very much time to spend with Robert yesterday or today, so we will spend this evening together !!!!
It wasn't that short a post, and it was enjoyable to read. I like your purchase pic, too;). I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Are you doing anything more than the massages for pain-or is that doing the job pretty well ? How did that even HAPPEN !?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your test-and good luck tomorrow ! I'll be thinking of you. I hope you feel well rested when you get in there.
I am enjoying your posts!! It is fun to see and hear what you are doing. Your food looks great, and i like the pic you painted!! I look forward to your next entry!
ReplyDeleteWe need more snow to cover up the ugly layer we have here as it has been somewhat rainy and warm here for that last couple of days.... Those aroma baths can be very therapeutic. Congrats on the preliminary testing....Good Luck on the 'real' Test... I have confidence in you Budge!!! All your studying will pay off!!! I like to hear about the meals you make as they always sound so tastey and make my mouth water. As for the length of this post, it was just great!!! And, its always good to spend quality time with the one you love and care about. It seems you have your priorities in order!!! Enjoy your evening with Robert and I am looking forward to future posts... I really enjoy reading about all that you do!!!! Talk with you soon and Good Luck on that TEST!!!!!
ReplyDelete