While walking home after getting off the tram we decided we should stop at the bakery and buy some brötchen to have for the weekend. We got back to the flat around 1:00 with a heavy appetite, so I decided I would make lunch for Robert and me. I made Robert Noodles with mushrooms, chicken, and onions with a creamy cheesy gouda sauce. For myself, I boiled an egg and ate a slice of brötchen. After lunch Robert and I spent a lot of time learning german together. Around 8pm I began making burritos. Inside I put:
Sour Cream
Gouda Cheese
Ground Beef
Hot Sauce (your preference)
Kidney Beans
Red Pepper
Corn
Onions
Fried Onions
Tortillas
(season to your liking)
After I sauteed all of the ingredients I put them inside of the tortilla and baked them in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes until they were a light brown. They sure were delicious! Robert ate three of them and I think he could have had another! We followed dinner by studying more German. I took a practice test this time with the help of Robert. There is an online site from Inlingua that has practice tests that will help prepare me for the test I will take this upcoming Monday and hopefully will place me in the course I need. I have to make the B1 course or else I cannot take one until I arrive in Berlin. We aren't moving there until the beginning of May which is too far away and too long to wait. While taking the test though, I actually did quite well and scored around 80% which is a LOT better than we thought I would do. When I say 'we' I mean 'I'. Robert had faith. I, not so much!!!
Saturday Robert and I woke up around 8:45 in the morning because he had an away Handball game. On the Saturday's that his Handball games are away he has to get up pretty early so that he has time to eat breakfast, pack his bag, and relax in the morning. I got out of bed with Robert so that I could make him some sandwiches for breakfast as well as lunch for the bus.
After Robert left I had a relaxing bath filled with Rose scented oil which made the whole bathroom as well as myself smell wonderful. The oil feels amazing on your body and afterwards and gives it a really pretty glow. It is great to have bath oils in the winter as our skin is usually very dehydrated and dry. I followed my bath by cooking some spicy noodles for lunch. I enjoyed then while watching the movie Avatar online. The movie is such a site for my eyes that I couldn't bear to pass it up again. I also saw it in German the first time and wanted to be able to understand every single word. So I decided to watch it in English this time. It was terrific! After watching the movie I began to paint. The majority of the time that Robert was gone I spent painting. I began and finished my "How does your garden grow?" painting. It was fun to create because it is a completely different style than what I am used to! Every single piece is cut out and glued on, the house, each piece of the fence, the roof, the girl, ..etc. I am not so sure how I feel about it, but I am interested in creating more pieces along the same lines. Hopefully getting better with time.
After Robert arrived home from his game around 2am Robert, Christian (a very good friend of Robert's) and I all went to The Upper Club to listen to some house music and old school hip hop. It was SO much fun. I danced with Robert and Christian allllll night. We made some silly dances for fun and really really enjoyed ourselves! We were having so much fun that the time flew by so quickly! Suddenly, the dj stopped the set he was playing and we were all yelling for 'more music more music' But it was 6am by this time and he was probably tired and wanting to go home. Plus he isn't paid for anything past 6am. We arrived home around 6:30. Believe it or not Sunday (today) we woke up at noon. This means that we only got about four and a half hours of sleep! I am the one who woke up so early and I think the fact that I was awake made it hard for Robert to sleep. We followed waking by sitting down for our standard morning Breakfast: brötchen, cold cuts, cheeses, boiled eggs, liverwurst, tomatoes, onions etc. Robert bought me a chocolate brötchen yesterday and so I had an extra tastey breakfast this morning! I sure did enjoy my shoko brötchen !! It was incredibly delicious. They are definitely one of my favorite snacks and when Robert surprises me with one it definitely is a treat. After breakfast Robert and I were feeling lazy from the long day we had yesterday. Him a long bus ride to his game, his actual game, and then hours of dancing at The Upper Club. For me a fairly relaxing evening and then dancing until late hours into the morning. While we decided to lay down and begin watching the new Sherlock Holmes film. Because Robert was still tired, after about 5 minutes of watching, he fell asleep! (cute!) For dinner I have made a meat ravioli with a mushroom sauce. Lecker (yummy!) -I taught Silas this word, I wonder if he remembers it. You pronounce it "leck-uh" You should ask him if he remembers.
It is nearing the end of the evening and I am thinking about the books Robert has ordered for me and hoping that they will arrive tomorrow. I am wanting so bad to just open up the package, put the book up to my nose, and flip my finger across all of the pages and enjoy that brand new book smell. This is a small thing that I really enjoy doing. It's the simple things, right??!!! :)
Bis Später !
Yes, it IS the simple things. Those burritos you made look delicious-I haven't cooked a 'decent' dinner (in my opinion) for far too long. I REALLY should. Neat that you saw Avatar in 2 languages:) (Mom and Dad you should SERIOUSLY just go see it. It's worth the price of tickets)
ReplyDeleteMode, I really like that (watercolor, right?) painting. It's so neat! I'd totally frame that and look at it all the time. very very neat. Keep posting!
Was Robert actually able to play on saturday??? How is his hand??? Burrito pictures and recipe is mouthwatering!!! Sounds Great!!! Leker even!!! The clean oven is nice too :) Ahhhh yes.... crazy silly dancing.... the best kind.... :) That painting is very cool!!! could be disturbing depending on how you look at it.. I mean... house with roof blown off, 3 kids... 1 with only 2 legs, one with 2 legs and a body, and one complete kid... lol... it's a very creative work!! It is also nice to hear that robert takes care of you and pampers you even!! Hope your shoulder starts feeling better soon sweetie!!!
ReplyDelete