January 14, 2010

Comfortable In My Own Shoes

     Robert has ordered some books for me !!! Thole series of Eragon!!!  (this is four books by the way!)  I am so excited and cannot wait!  I started reading the first book (Eragon) when I was back in the states and loved it.  But because I didn't want to carry so much weight with me when traveling to Germany I left it behind.  I should be getting those by the end of the week/weekend!  
     Tuesday Robert and I went to Inlingua to sign up for a german course while I am living here in Halle.  This way I am able to move along a lot quicker while in a classroom as opposed to learning by myself before we move to Berlin. This will make it a lot easier to find a job and gives me a better chance at eventually getting a working Visa so I can stay here.  The problem was that there isn't the class I need available until March. This means that I have to learn a whole level of German in 5 days !!! I definitely have a tough feat on my hands.  Hopefully I will be determined and will really dedicate myself to learning what I need to in the short time that I have.  Once we were finished as Inlingua Robert and I had some soup at a shop in the square. I had a potato pumpkin soup.  It was alright.  It was a soup that I have gotten it before and said that I wouldn't get it again.  Who knows why I ordered it again.  Robert's soup was really really good, but I didn't want him to have mine which wasn't as good and me the extremely tasty one.  Afterwards, we went to the Italian Ice Cream shop !!! Holy guacamole it was tasty.  I got chocolate and hazelnut.  Both were incredibly yummy!!!
     Wednesday Robert surprised me in the morning with a delicious donut for breakfast filled with figs !!! Mmmmh mmmmh! (yes Amy, I know you are thinking of Captel as you read that!) In the evening Robert had a handball game.  It was a really intense game.  So intense that I found myself pulling my hair throughout the whole thing!!!  It was funny though, I had a headband in my hair the evening of his game and afterwards I went to the toilette, looked in the mirror and OH MY GOD!!!!! It was  a HUGE mess from me pulling on it. My hair was sticking up all over! Why none of our friends didn't say something to me during the game, I have no idea !!!  
   And this morning Robert went to the doctors to have them look at his hand because they weren't sure whether or not he had broken it at his game last evening, and then surprised me with some fabulous soup from the place where they make really great homemade soup!  Afterwards I had a bath and then Robert and I went into the center and got massages.  We did this because I dislocated my shoulder somehow and it is very painful.  During Robert's handball match he sprained his wrist (was the Dr's conclusion).  We have both been in a bit of pain lately.  Robert's hand is incredibly swollen and hurting quite a bit.  The two of us will go again tomorrow, and once again next Thursday.  Thursday I will have a special underwater massage in a huge tub where I will have to be entirely naked in front of the woman massaging me.  I am excited!!! And yes, you have permission to be jealous.  Though I am sure you are not because my shoulder hurts beastly.  I can hardly move my neck.  After our massages we bought a new trash can because we don't have one.  We have been just hanging a trash bag in the kitchen and it looks terrible so I asked Robert if we could please buy one.  Of course, he said ok!  Afterwards we went to Edeka and bought a lot of groceries.  Our refrigerator was almost empty!  So we really stocked up this time and boy oh boy did we buy some goodies!  For dinner ROBERT, yes, Robert made dinner.  Hamburgers.  They were terrific.  I don't know what all seasonings he put inside but it was mighty tasty.  He put mustard, ketchup, onions, fried onions, (like the ones on the burger you and dad get at Red Robin) pickles, and cheese.  I put my FAVORITE hot sauce on mine.  We made an extra trip to the Chinese Restaurant to pick a bottle up.  Lets hope that I don't go through it in 5 days this time!  I need to make it last!!!  And afterwards I made some tasty apple dip to eat with apples for dessert !! 

     I have been having a wonderful time lately reading, cooking, cleaning, organizing, painting, learning, loving others as well as myself.  It feels amazing to be back on track.  I have forgotten what it feels like to be so happy with myself.  And for a moment I wasn't sure I could ever feel it.  I have realized something though....


Today I discovered Happiness isn't something we find...


It's something we create


This is another step towards Recovery.






4 comments:

  1. ooooooh I LIKE the sound of this entry :) . The last photo of you is beautiful. And it's true, you do create your own happiness.

    Robert has a beard/facial hair!

    Good luck with learning your German.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait...Miley Cyrus ? ! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...yes, it goes well with the entry. I don't really enjoy her so much, but the song I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm ice cream!!! Glad to see chef robert back in the kitchen!! Those hamburgers sound delicious...we are going back to Red Robin for moms BDay!!! Can't Wait!!! Sorry to hear about your shoulder and Roberts wrist.... Hope you both heal quickly! Hey... I like miley Cyrus singing that song...just that the radio stations around hear play it waaaaay to often... but yes... its an inspiring and appropriate song for this post.... I am so glad that you are happy in your place in life molly. Everything around us is exactly as we create it.... I love you and am so proud of YOU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)