January 10, 2010

Fuses, Fire, 3D, und Palette




FYI: I don't know if you realized, but there is a tape at the top of the screen underneath 'Modisch Schreibt,' that reads: What I'm listening to. Click on it, it will take you to a link of what I listen to as I write my blog. That way you can read it and listen to the same song I enjoyed while writing it!


Today is Thursday and I somehow was able to sleep until half past 11 this morning. Oh the joys of being a hausfrau! I did the dishes from the past evening along with other daily chores. I went through all of my jewelry which I brought back with me from the states, untangled it (which took forever!) And then decided to make a cake for my boy to enjoy after work!
     Lets just say it ended up not being a surprise because I flew a fuse while plugging in my electric mixer and fire came out of the outlet. Then I thought to myself, I dont need the help of a man, I can get this all sorted out by myself!!!! I walked my little butt over to the fuse box and looked for the 'küche' (kitchen) button. Fliped the switch back up and BOOM fire came out...and I do not mean a little wimpy fire, I mean a pretty big thing. It definitely made me jump back. I closed the fuse box and ran for my phone. After speaking with Robert and explaining that there was a FIRE Robert said he was coming home. Lets just say he informed me of how the electric mixer from the states has too much power for the outlets here and i need a really special adapter for it. He then asked what was going on with the fuse box and why the switch lit on fire. I obviously had no idea otherwise I wouldn't have phoned him! Robert walked over to the mixer, laughed, unplugged it, walked back over to the outlet and told me it needs to be unplugged before you flip the switch. Whoops. I know you are probably laughing at me right now, but let me just tell you, this was by no means funny at the time. 
However, because I can laugh at myself on occasion, I now find this funny while looking back. In the end though, I made the fabulous 'Ultimate Chocolate Cake' by Martha Stewart! I have never made SUCH a tasty cake before. Now don't get me wrong, I definitely have eaten them because my mother has a way with making anything from chocolate taste incredible! However, this was my first go at a home-made chocolate cake, and let me just tell you, it sure was delicious! If you are interested here are the recipes for both the cake and the frosting! (I highly recommend it and think you are crazy to pass up such a mouth watering experience!


Ultimate Chocolate Cake Recipe:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/ultimate-chocolate-cake


Ultimate Chocolate Frosting:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/ultimate-chocolate-frosting

Friday was a pretty good day because Robert didn't have handball practice.  I have been wanting to go and see the movie Avatar SOOOOO bad and so Robert surprised me in the morning and told me that we would go see it and he also said that there would be another surprise once we got there!  For dinner I made something simple as we weren't so hungry.  I made an omelette with peppers, onions, feta cheese, and sausage with some toasted whole wheat bread with pumpkin seeds.  Afterwards (around 8pm) we left for the movie!  Once we got there I saw that it was a 3D cinema...(which was the surprise!)  And just let me tell you, this was no ordinary 3D cinema...it was an extra special one.  An extreme EXTREME 3D cinema.  SO EXTREME that there are only 5 so high tech in the entire world.  HOW COOL IS THAT!!!! And god almighty was this movie, the graphics, computer animation, EVERYTHING fricken AMAZING !!! We watched it in German of course, but my goodness was it amazing!  And would you know it that at the movie theaters in Germany they don't serve buttered popcorn but kettle corn ??!  Which was incredibly yummy!  I cannot believe we didn't take a picture of ourselves in our glasses because they looked shaweeeet!!!  They aren't the paper ones, but heavy duty 3D glasses baby !


Trailer for Avatar (Don't be boring, check it out!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ


Afterwards we went to N8 and met Axel, Leonard, and two other people I have only met one other time....terrible to say, but I do not really remember their names.  We ordered drinks at N8 and I had a spanish red wine which I usually order there.  It is probably the sweetest red wine I have ever had. 


Us in N8



Outside View of N8



Saturday Robert and I relaxed most of the day but went out in the evening around 8:30 to meet with Leo, Kuhni, Michael, Steffen, Ani, and Anna!  It was a really fun night.  We went to some prissy place for drinks which were RIDICULOUSLY expensive.  We stayed there for about 5 hours all sitting at a huge table talking, laughing, munching on snacks and having an all around good time. Afterwards, we went to Palette (pahl-ett-uh) to go dancing.  They were having an old school hip hop  music scene that evening and we thought it would be cool to listen and dance to hip hop from the 80's/early 90's !!! And boy oh boy it was!!! We stayed there until a little after 4am!  


Now I come to today, Sunday.  Today was a relaxing day of waking up around noon, having breakfast, and then going back to bed and snuggling while watching a movie!  At the moment Robert is at Michael's house for dinner and a movie with some other guys and I just finished cleaning up the house as it was a disaster!!!!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooh. Sounds like some awesome stuff happened this past weekend. How horrifying about the cake/fire! I don't know what I would have done-probably would have unplugged the thing, though ;). WASN'T that movie good!? We saw it yesterday afternoon-it was one of the only new movies I've seen that I've actually 'really' enjoyed.
    (pretty picture of the snow falling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes, I DID realize that 'tape' thing. :) AND I followed it to the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this is so fun.... I love your naratives,,,, I like that mili cyrus song too... the fire scenario sounds "horrifrying"!!! I have heard that the sparks can sometimes linger in the wall for hours after the fact only to flame up later....Glad everything worked out!!! I sure like all of the pictures you include in your post. You're such a good little baker girl...cake looks maaaaavelous!!! That omelette you made sounds delicious, I used to like making those before I became a vegetarian. Your whole wknd. was extremely busy and as the usual case with your posts I am exausted having just read about it!!! I may attempt to venture into a local theatre to see Avatar, only time will tell. Congrats on the German testing etc, cant wait to hear how the final testing or "real" testing goes. It is good you spend time with friends doing things as it is healthy to live and laugh outside of the home from time to time. I like the pic of you and Robert with your goofy smiles :>$ And the snow filled pic in front of N8 was nice also. Dancing sounds like fantastic fun!!! 4am is a little beyond my physical capabilities though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)