January 27, 2010

Purple Dream




Monday was the second day to my German Course, I was feeling pretty confident after fully understand and comprehending Friday's lesson.  Lets just say the lesson left my mind in complete knots.  We are learning in so much detail about grammar and simple perfect, simple past perfect, irregular, regular, simple irregular past tense verbs.  SOMEBODY KILL ME !!!  It is so hard and I was not understanding it at all. After German course, I came home and cleaned the entire flat out of frustration.  This is complete therapy for me and always helps. Once I finished cleaning I thought that I should try and relax a little bit and  knitting  knit on some baby socks I started a while ago and would really like to finish!


I spent 3 hours studying everything we learned in class online through various websites and such. Robert was at practice while I was doing all of this so he couldn't have helped.  That and he doesn't know all grammatical rules anyway. I want to learn everything correctly and not just through guessing.  For dinner I made a German meal !!! Königsberger Klopse, Mashed Potatoes, and Corn.  Königsberger Klopse are meatballs with a white sauce and capers. It is incredibly delicious.
     Tuesday was a really hard morning for me to get up and out of bed.  I would have killed for an extra hours worth of rest.  By Tuesday I realize that I am going to have to devote 2-3 hours worth of extra studying in the evening if I want to be able to keep up with my German course.  This means 7 full hours of German each day.  This is a lot.  I think it is worth it though.  It keeps my mind working, myself learning, and is making it easier so that I can stay here and enjoy life here in Germany more.  I do find though, as I previously said, it is taking a toll on my mind and body studying so much.  I feel so tired most of the time.  This isn't a result from lack of sleep, I am going to sleep earlier than usual.  This is just me working my brain a lot more than normal.  Learning a new language so intensely at my age is incredibly hard.   But maybe it is hard because I say it is.  I should try and change that mindset and let it be easy for myself and flow naturally.  After my course Robert suprised me outside of Inlingua and we walked to get some Soljanka Soup (my faaaavvvorite !!!! )  Afterwards I went to Rossmann and picked up some sensitive face cream as my face is incredibly dry, painful, and reacting to everything I put on it!!!  I hope this one works!  I also picked up a nail clipper because we have lost ours and Robert is very particular about the way his nails are looking.  Most all German boys are like this about their nails and appearance in general which is a good thing.  The last thing I picked up at Rossmann was a couple chocolates to pack in Robert's lunch.  After I went to Rossmann I went to the bäckeri-factory where I bought some brötchen and some baked pretzels.  The weather outside was so cold it hurt my chest just to breath, so I hurried home !!!  Once home, I relaxed on the couch while listening to some music and caught myself up on some e-mails.  As always, I will have homework each evening for my German Course.  Tuesday evening we were given a take home test which was incredibly hard, frustrating, and made me very cranky.  Its really hard to not understand something, but getting angry always makes things worse and more complicated.  This is human reaction though... something I will work on.  Once more, I spent a bit of the evening working on the test and then read about german grammar on various websites. 
I find myself in shock that Wednesday is already here !!! When I came to look at my blog I realized, 'MY GOD, I am due for a blog today !!!'  And so I find myself thinking of what I did over the day.  I woke up and made Robert food to take along to work, wrote a note to sneak inside his sandwich bag (which I always do-sometimes I write notes, make cards, origami, etc...I just try to keep it fresh) I was thinking of so many excuses to not go to my German course this morning as I did not want to go at ALL.  I knew this was dumb and that Robert would NEVER stand for me staying home unless I was really sick.  I knew as well that I would be happy once I was there.  The class is challenging enough when I attend, I cannot imagine the trouble I would have after missing a day.  In the end, class was great and I was incredibly happy to be there!  When I got home I cleaned the entire flat as well as hung the laundry and folded all that was ready to dry.  Robert came home from work around 4:30 and wanted to snuggle for a bit as we have seen each other a total of 4 hours in the past two days.  We snuggled for a while and then he said to me.. 'Molly, will you go get my book from the other room?'  
'What book?' I replied
'The only book in there' he laughed...
...and so I walk into the living room, look on the table...AND MY BOOK WAS THERE!!! I was so excited ... he said that the person he ordered the book from never sent it...ripped him off of his money and so he ordered it from the book store here and just picked it up today :)  I was so excited.  He had ANOTHER surprise for me!!! I have been telling him that I wanted a base coat and top coat for my nails because my polish NEVER stays on for longer than a day and that I also have been loving purple and blue nail polishes.  Just the light pretty ones, nothing SO loud.  What did he come home with?  A pretty purpley pink nail polish, base coat, and top coat!  



Is this man for REAL ????!   This evening I have already finished my german, painted my nails, and began my book!!! The rest of the evening I will make dinner (not sure what and it is already past 8 O'clock!!)  and read more from my book.  Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing really well with your German! Good for you for working so hard! The baby booties are so cute! I like the color design. It sounds like you and Robert are eating well!! I am glad you got your book, and how nice of Robert to surprise you with it, and even nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got those books, and that you're enjoying them. Looks like fun/sounds like fun! It's always nice to have a good read (fo sho). Second, those socks are rockin.

    Keep up the good work with your studying. It's awesome how much you've learned (and so quickly!) already, you must feel really great about your progress:). I feel pretty cool to have a groovy sis like you, eh !? haha

    Muuuuuuuuah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.... Cool little baby Boooties!!!! And I am so Proud of YOU for working so hard at your German course!!! I bet it IS really Hard Work!!! I can't even imagine... And Yes... I think Robert really is for real.... From the short time I was able to spend with him I firmly believe he really cares so much about you and lives to take care of you and make you happy.... It makes me so happy that the two of you have found each other. Keep doing Your Best, after all, that's all one can expect of oneself, and keep up the blogs.... I LOVE Reading them and viewing the pictures you post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)