(k
-k
n
)
-k
n
)n.
a. A protective case of silk or similar fibrous material spun by the larvae of moths and other insects that serves as a covering for their pupal stage.
b. A similar natural protective covering or structure, such as the egg case of a spider.
I am so in love with these baby cocoons. The actual pattern is Kicking Bag for Babies. But to me, they look like little baby cocoons. The ones pictured above were not knit, nor photographed by me, but by fellow Ravelers. So many mothers favored these 'cocoons,' over normal swaddling blankets. Many mothers complain of having to repeatidly re-swaddle their babies too many times. This way, the baby stays snug and warm without kicking around too much. I simply love this idea and am knitting one myself in a soft mint green.

I love checking in on your blog. I have never seen these kicking bags and I love them. I may have to try one of these too. My colleague is having a baby in May and I've already got a sweater knit, but this would be fun too!
ReplyDeletei love those too!
ReplyDeletei've never made that specific pattern, but i like the cables at the top - i may just go add it to my queue!
The cocoons are very nice! It is a neat idea.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing pictures of it!
they are so cute and very practical
ReplyDeleteMolly,
ReplyDeleteOur plans have changed!
We may be able to visit Berlin while in Germany...
which is different from the email I sent you today.
Did you receive it?
Can you respond, if you did?
Thanks!!
Kristyn
I totally need to knit one of these for a friend's (soon-to-be) baby as well. So adorable, like a little baby sausage!
ReplyDelete(*I'm dominating your traffic feed - in the wee night/morning hours [?]-haha. )
ReplyDeleteThe 'cocoon' is adorable, such a great idea/invention! Like a snuggie - for babies! The only difference is that these are actually cute and that I would use one (for a baby... not myself - or maybe I WOULD!). The design on the bottom right is adorable. The top right is like a baby in a super comfy sleeping bag - makes me smile!
I'll definitely be keeping up to date with your posts and looking forward to seeing some fotitos of one (or few) that YOU have made. :-)
They are adorable and so many ways to embellish them. Can't wait to see yours.
ReplyDelete