It turned out more red than I hoped and so I thought coffee grounds would work even better. A light aged antique brown was more of the look I was going for and the coffee grounds did just the trick !
I then laid it out to dry on the heater. It dried within two hours; so much faster than I thought it would ! I love how the coffee left little stains and uneven lines. It gives the fabric such a dated look. I really love looking at embroidery or cross stitch on stained fabrics. After it was completely dry, I steam pressed the fabric until all wrinkles were non existent.
Next, I started working on the cute little girl for my project:I added a cute little sheep:
And here is the cute little girl and cute little sheep together !
And finally, for a special touch I cross stitched the word 'wool' in grey with a glitter strand attached. The way it gilmmers in the light is simply stunning and I really adore this project. I am so excited to have these as part of my ADVENTure and cannot wait to cross stitch more of them and give them away to lovers of wool !!!







Molly - that turned out really cute! Did you ever think of doing something "artistic" to the frame? I think some sort of texture could be really interesting! Cross stitch looks super cute on knit pieces, you should check it out! So fun to branch out and try new things!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree about the frame. I wouldn't use it as an actual frame for the piece, but it was the only empty one I had lying around the flat !!! And that is such a good idea to add some texture to the wood, THAT, I wouldn't have thought of. I LOVE the idea though !!!
ReplyDeleteoh you...THANK YOU for the link to these in the comment you left me!
ReplyDeleteI purchased the set as well and can't wait to start stitching!! If I could just get my hand back to 100%!! And these will be perfect for your ADVENTure.