My friend is now long gone and safely tucked in her bed in America. The week she was here breezed by almost a little too quickly, but the things we saw and the moments we shared together will be with me forever. While my friend Lindsay was here, I taught her how to play Farkel: a very fun dice game !
We spent our third day together around my neighborhood and visited Lump und Lieblich (a favorite cafe of mine I have previously mentioned) for quite a few hours ! It is such a cozy place and I enjoyed a cappuccino and she drank Bionade while playing her newly learned dice game over talking and drinking our drinks!
Here is the Karl Marx statue I pass every day and we passed as well while walking to the train station!
For our fourth day of Lindsay's stay Robert was able to meet us in the afternoon. We went to the Brandenburg Gate which is always a site to see !
And then made out way to Potsdamer Platz where we visited the Jewish Memorial.
All of us were thirsty wanted to make ourselves a little warmer and so we decided to stop into the cozy Starbucks nearby and drink some coffee to warm our souls.
Robert and I drank plain old coffee, and Lindsay had a Bionade. She doesn't like coffee, can you believe it !!!! I didn't believe her, so I had her try mine...twice. I couldn't change her mind.
We stayed at Starbucks for a while and played SkipBo. It's definitely one of my favorites and we all have tons of fun playing !!!We visited the East Side Gallery and saw the Berlin Wall. It never fails put me at awe. The amazing art work on each and every piece is delightful !!!
Afterwards, we walked around Kreuzberg for a short while and enjoyed some pizza near Robert's school for lunch !
One evening while walking, Lindsay and I spotted this neat little market. There were around 20 tents of people selling things from wooden handcrafts to sausages and candies. There was even a woman spinning yarn and selling some of it !!!
In the evening Lindsay worked on her scarf like a madwoman ! I told her that if she wanted to block it and have it dry in time that she would have to finish it Friday night so that it would be dry by Sunday morning. Lindsay worked on it all day friday and finished it ! I washed it for her and then we blocked it together !
We spent Lindsay's last day in Berlin at Alexanderplatz. The weather was amazing and was probably the sunniest day we had !!!
We looked around the Galeria and drooled over thousands of assorted candies.
The Galeria has such an amazing variety of Chocolate, most people wouldn't even know where to begin in making a purchase !!!
We ate my favorite kind of rice. It's dirt cheap and tastes amazing. I have tried so many different places to buy rice and this brand is the best (regardless of price) as well as cheapest.
We looked at the yarn in the Galeria which isn't amazing, but they do have a very nice variety of sock yarns. I was quite tempted to purchase a skein, but talked myself out of it. I already have a project going as well as a new one on the way. Not to mention that I have other yarns to use up !
I looked at some flowers and thought about purchasing some for our flat. We used to have quite a few and are now lacking in the flower department. Regrettably, I didn't purchase any, but hope to soon !!!
We took some fun reflection photographs :)
And after our long day at Alexanderplatz, we headed headed home for our last evening together.
We woke up bright and early Sunday morning and prepared for Lindsay's flight back to the States. We ate a tasty breakfast and then made our way to the airport to see Lindsay's off !!!
It was a blast to have her. We laughed so much and reminisced over the past together. It was sad to see her go, but I know we will see each other again. Hopefully it doesn't take four years to get together next time !!






























looks like she received a wonderful tour, while she was there! you're one great tour guide and host!!
ReplyDeleteoh wow - it looks like you guys had a fabulous visit! i enjoyed seeing all of your photos.
ReplyDeleteand i love farkel! i haven't played it in ages... what fun!
Looks and sounds like you two had a really nice visit!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you showed your friend a great time. Loved all the photos! I was drooling over some of the cute stores that you have there.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful visit!
ReplyDelete