My grandmother's vest has officially been put on hold. I have found this to be extremely unfortunate, because I was on a roll and would have finished it in just a week. The reason is it put to a stop is because I have run out of yarn. My grandmother sent one skein too little. She already has another on it's way and I hope to receive it soon ! This is how far I managed to get in only five days with the yarn she did send me. I finished the body of the vest and the left front band. I still have to knit the ribbing on the top pockets, shoulders, neck, and sew the button band to the right side of the cardi vest ! I would have loved to have been able to finish, block, and send this off to my grandma, and I am sure she would agree that it would have been fabulous to have had it finished and sent off so quickly !!!
In spite of the yarn shortage on her vest, I have decided to embrace this long period of time and cast something new onto my needles ! I would love to cast a new cardigan for myself onto my needles, but, at the moment, I don't have enough of one colour to knit myself a full garment. So, while not knitting on the vest for my grandmother, I have cast on the Larch shawlette published by Tinks and Frog Rue. I have been looking at this shawlette for quite some time and didn't know what yarn to knit it out of. And so, I showed Robert the Larch pattern and let him choose the yarn for it ! Here is what he chose !
I personally, would have chosen to knit it in a mustard yellow, but the colour he has chosen is perfect. Now I can smile down at it when I wear it and think of how he chose something so vibrant and colourful for me to wrap around my neck !
He said it was 'pretty,' which I think is cute and funny to begin with :)


oh no! i'm glad your grandmother had more yarn to send right away!!
ReplyDeletethe larch is looking gorgeous. robert did a great job picking such "pretty" yarn!!
Great looking vest - it gets better looking each time I see it (naturally, haha!). Grandma must be pumped: seems like each time you need something (more yarn, a missing full skein, etc) she JUMPS on it - gets it sent out ASAP. Frustrating, though... to have to deal with such situations anyway (learning experience/s?)
ReplyDeleteLove the color/s Robert picked out for the Lurch Shawlette! :-) Adorable that he chose the yarn. "Pretty", indeed.
Larch looks wonderful - have just added it to my ever growing list of favorites on Ravelry.
ReplyDelete