
After sending patterns to and from my grandma, we came up with a pattern design for the vest I will be knitting her ! We decided on an old Vintage pattern from Brunswick yarns. The layout of this pattern is terribly written and I have revised and re-written almost the whole thing. The directions are unclear and unorganized. I believe this pattern to be one my grandma has oogled over for quite a long time as she has kept it for so long and thought of it almost immediately after talking about the possibilitiy of knitting her a vest. After sorting through ideas, my grandma sent me the yarn all the way from America to Germany. It has been almost two weeks and I am hoping to receive it very soon (hopefully midweek) !!! Here are the plans we have conjured up for her vest :
- Cables down back, left, and right panels
- Fair Isle trees across pockets
- Darting
- Slight Shaping
She is sending me a creamy beige tweed 100% wool yarn to work with. I am not even sure of the brand but will soon know !! Cross your fingers I can cast on for the vest in the next couple of days !!!
Saturday I began and finished a pair of baby booties and personalized hat for a friend of ours named Christian. He and his girlfriend will not tell anyone the name of their child and only have informed everyone that they are having a boy !!! I decided to knit 'Kerni Jr' on the little hat because no one calls Christian (the father) by his name. They all use his nickname, 'Kerni.' Robert will send these items out be the end of the week and hopefully they will be in the hands of the soon to be parents in no time !

Sounds like you're all prepared for yarn. Enjoy knitting every stitch for your Grandmother. Adorable baby set!
ReplyDeleteThe baby hat/booties sure are sweet!! I like them!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy knitting Grandma's vest! It will be fun to see the process, and completed project. :)
what thoughtful personal gifts.
ReplyDeletei look forward to seeing your grandmother's vest progressing!