December 06, 2010

St Nikolaus Day and Holiday Questions

On the evening of the 5th, Robert and I cleaned and set out our boots so that St Nikolaus would come and bring us some goodies !!!  Robert told me that he saw St Nick yesterday at Alexanderplatz and reminded him not to forget us !  It's a good thing he did, because good old St Nikolaus decided to stop by last evening !!!  He brought me so many tasty goodies !  Along with my chocolates and butter keks, St Nikolaus brought me 2 skeins of beautiful alpaca marino yarn !!! I am excited to be able to knit something for myself with them !!  He left Robert candies as well as a computer game he has been wanting for a long time !  He was very generous to both of us this year !  

In spirit of December, I have filled out this holiday questionaire !  You should too !!


1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Definitely wrapping paper.  I could wrap Christmas gifts for hours upon hours !!!  Gift bags are boring to give and boring to open !

2. Real tree or artificial? Real.  I know that we had a real tree when I was really small, but that changed after a while and we always had an artificial.  This year, we will have a real tree and I am beyond excited to have one !!!

3. When do you put up the tree? We will in early December.  I would like to start an 'official day,' we do this every year.  The 1st sounded like a good date, however, we are picking ours up today on St Nikolaus day !!!

4. When do you take down the tree? It will be mine and Robert's first time having our own tree, but I imagine we will after New Years.

5. Do you like Egg Nog? For the most part, yes.  It always reminds me of my sister.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh my goodness, I have no idea.  I would say this means Christmas gift.  I know I loved my 'Molly,' doll, but I believe I got her for my birthday.  Probably my huge red, black, and silver (favorite colours at the time) stereo I was surprised with when I was in my teens !!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I actually DO have a very small nativity scene.  It's an african american one and it's pretty cool.

8. Hardest person to buy for? No one, really.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Everyone !

10. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Cards ?

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? In America, christmas cookie cut-outs with frosting.  In Germany, Knödel

13. Clear lights or coloured? Old fashioned coloured lights

14. Favorite Christmas Song? Anything Bing Crosby or Burl Ives sings.

15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? Stay home.  This year, we will travel to Robert's parents on the 24th though!

16.Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? I can !  But I could never do it without the help of Rudolph's song ;)

17. Angel or Star on the top of the tree? Hmmmm....I have no idea.  That is actually a hard question.  I think both are appropriate.  I am curious as to what we will have !  Robert says he likes a star atop the tree best.  I, am not sure though.

18. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? When I was a child, we could open a present christmas eve (usually a warm pair of pajamas to wear that evening) and then the rest in the morning.  Now that I am living in Germany, we will open presents on the 24th, and open Christmas stockings on the 25th morning :)

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Annoying and this time of year shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

20. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey trees, handmade ornaments, stuff from my childhood, definitely homey !!!

21. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies? Can I say both ?



I hope you enjoyed  !!!  

3 comments:

  1. How lucky you two were, that St. Nick found you!
    I will answer the questions above...below....

    1. I like either, both can be pretty.
    2. I like either of these too. The "real" is ideal, but fake is easy.
    3. we used to put it up soon after Thanksgiving, and now, just when we get around to it.
    4. I like the tree down around January 2nd.
    5. I enjoy soy egg nog.
    6. Barbie van, that Jennie and I had to share.
    7. Probably 5 nativity scenes.
    8. don't know
    9. Myself.
    10. snail mail
    11. It's a Wonderful Life.
    12. Frosted cut outs
    13. Both
    14. Joy to the World
    15. Stay home
    16. Yes
    17. either
    18. Both!
    19. It goes too fast
    20. Both are fun
    21. Both again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you played along with the meme. Great reading all your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I DID read and enjoy this. I started doing one myself but it's already taken me an HOUR so i'm saving it and posting the rest tomorrow, I hope)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)