December has finally come around and I have slowly begun putting some small decorations on display ! Here are now five of my little swedish children with knitted cowls and hats with a wine cork as their 'body' I think the are so adorable and enjoy having them out ever so much ! I still have the leaves I found while my sister was here as well ! Underneath is a silver tree with bells atop our dining room table. I purchased the tree from Strauss and the table liner from Gallerie Lafayette ! I love both of them and think they give the flat a nice feel. Robert and I will buy a Christmas tree (real ofcourse!) for our flat on Monday after I finish work and he finishes school ! I am excited to have our first Christmas tree together. It will be really neat as well, because I haven't had a real Christmas tree in the house for a very very long time.
We have received SO much snow these past couple of days. It's a huge amount and everyone is freaking out ! No one is riding their bikes or scooters anymore, because it is way too cold and the streets are too icey. The trains are packed and because of the weather, the train has been very delayed. Yesterday, it was delayed 25 minutes and I ended up being late for work. They understood though because some other girls have had the same problem and it's an issue for everyone in Berlin right now.
The weather is incredibly cold, but everything looks so beautiful blanket in so much snow. Lately I am wearing as many layers as I can along with 2 scarves wrapped over one another !
Yesterday after working, I took the train to Robert's work where we hung out for almost 2 hours and then took the tram (because the s-bahn is so unreliable with the weather) to Marienburger where I had a veggie burger with jalapenos and he had the house burger. It was delicious. Here are two pictures of Robert and I after leaving Marienburger ! The first is of Robert and some crazy lighting all around him. You cannot even really make him out, but I think the picture actually turned out pretty cool ! And believe it or not, but the second is of me in the same exact spot Robert is standing at and at the same time of day ! Afterwards, we walked to Lidl, where we picked up a bag full of groceries. We needed them, because once again, our fridge was EMPTY ! Afterwards around 9 O'clock, we headed home. It was freezing by this time, and the walk home from Lidl lasted around 15 minutes. By the time we arrived to our home, my feet were ice cold and thanked me dearly for walking them into a warm flat !
Today, I am not working until 2:30 in the afternoon and will leave the house around noon so that I can do some Christmas shopping for Robert ! St Nicholas Day is on the 6th !!! Everyone better be cleaning their shoes tomorrow afternoon/eve so that they get some goodies from him !!! I know my shoes will be spiffy and clean !!!



love your little cork people!
ReplyDeletei hope you have fun on monday getting your tree - what fun to get to have a real tree again! (we have an artificial one, but i always had a real tree growing up, i miss how fantastic it makes the house smell.)
gorgeous snow pictures! i know it makes transportation a mess, but it certainly is wonderful to look at isn't it?
Looks like you got some snow, too! Looks beautiful. My memory has vividly stored your (flat) area: around your flat, side streets, to where I'd meet you after work. I'd definitely know my way around ('there') in a heart beat, if 'placed' there spontaneously.
ReplyDeleteI love your tree, and (so so so much) adore the 'swedish' children. Man - I would love a group of those out for Christmas display. One could theoretically make some with cork and ANY material for clothing and hat (and pen/marker of course). Hmm...anyway, your display (thus far) looks great :)
I could use a veggie burger (from Marienburger) for an asap meal. Flippin delish (*wink)
Regarding public transportation: In a word, "yes". Overall, it's worth the chaos. Glad you (both) have been enjoying the days of (unofficial) winter! --- + I just realized you weren't referring to public transportation, but instead to the snow! Hilarious - I suppose it's nice :| Pretty, but annoying (along with the cold)to stand in.
Looks like a winter wonderland! We got our first snow here, Friday night.
ReplyDeleteI really like your 'swedish' children. they are pretty cute, and it is fun to have made your own decorations.
I look forward to seeing pictures of your tree!!