October 04, 2010

We are now in our new flat and it feels incredible.  This flat is smaller, but much cozier than our last.  It is smaller, but has more charm.  We ADORE it !  I am so happy to be here and to have found this flat.  We have only been here for three full days and I almost have everything unpacked.  Robert has been busy and so I have done it all by myself.  Granted, he moved everything here with his friends and without me.  So I get the fun part.  Unpacking and deciding where everything goes.  I would really love to have more trinkets though.  As time goes by, I will collect more I assume.  I want nice eclectic ones though.


Here is a picture from the window onto the balcony.  I think the red and green plants growing on the walls look really pretty.  The outside of this flat looks so much better than the other one.  It isn't even comparable.
Our balcony and the other flats around us !  We hope to accrue a good amount of green plants (like I said) like the flat across from us.  Doesn't that look nice ?
The inside of our freezer and refrigerator.  It is MASSIVE in comparison to the other ones we have had!
Part of our living room.  The wall is red, not orange at all. These book shelves are new and we really love them !  They add a bit of homeyness to the house! 
Here is a view of what you see looking down from the balcony.
 Our windows and table inside looking out onto the balcony Nice, eh !?
Robert setting up some lights inside the main entrance so we can see!  Such a handyman he is!
Me, after a long day of unpacking and getting things ready !
I have been spending a bit of my time reading the book, 'The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite.  My friend Meadhbh recommended and let me borrow this book.  It's a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.  To put it vaguely, it's the story of a girl-woman in Berlin.  Her life story basically.  I am quite enjoying it so far.  


I have two more days left of work and then Thursday and Friday I am off.  I am very excited though, because on Wednesday I will get my hair coloured at the Adlon Spa from Haenning our colour specialist.  He is VERY good and we will make my hair more natural with 3 different shades.  My natural colour, 1 shade darker than my natural, and the colour it is now.  We decided we still want the bleach blonde to remain a little bit.  It will take about 2.5 hours, but will be well worth it !  I will post pictures after it is finished and let you see the end result !

1 comment:

  1. Your flat looks great!! I know that you will enjoy the balcony. You can relax out of doors!
    It will be a great place to read.
    Enjoy your days off, and be sure to post the new hair colour!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)