February 07, 2010

yummy in my tummy :)

PHOTOSHOOT!!! WOOT WOOT

Thursday I spent the entire morning from 9am until 4:30pm cleaning the entire flat. I cleaned every single room except for the kitchen.  Robert has a HUUUUUGEEE wardrobe and has more clothes than most girls I know.  The shelves have not been dusted or washed in what looks to be since he moved in.  I dusted and washed them, re-folded all of the laundry and re-organized everything to make it more tidy.  I washed the bedding and put new bedding on the bed, re-organized our shelf set in the living room and put new items in and atop the case.  I am not sure whether or not it looks too crowded.  What do you think?  Afterwards I re-arranged the couch and chair situation as well and put some knick-knacks away that were around the television.  In the bathroom I put everything we use into a huge floral hamper type of box with different tupperware inside to help organize.  Now we do not have items cluttering the bathtub, sink, and ledge by the window.  The bathroom is small enough as it is and we do not need everything cluttering the room.  It makes me feel stressed to have too much clutter!!!  The only room that I did NOT clean is the kitchen.  This is weird because it is usually the first room I begin cleaning as it ALWAYS needs to be cleaned.  I will clean it up a bit tonight.  I am waiting to clean it thoroughly until tomorrow when I buy some organization items in the City for the kitchen! 
      Don't worry!!! I relaxed as well and had a nice bath midday and sat down for lunch.  Once again I had the soup Robert's mom sent home with us on Sunday afternoon.  This is the fourth day in a row I have eaten it for lunch! 
In the evening while Robert was at practice I needed to catch up on my book, so I read that a fair bit.  For dinner Robert and I had Potatoes and Spinach.


     Friday I went into the city to Edeka and picked up a couple grocery items we were out of.  I spent around 15€ this week because we spent so much last week and we have to make sure to hit our goal of 100€ or under a month.  Afterwards I went to the post office and picked up the third book to the series that I am reading.  I guess they came to drop it off on monday of last week and no one was home and so now I have to go pick it up.  Its about a 15 minute walk from the house.  AFTERWARDS I went to a store which I cannot explain what it is even ABOUT because I have no idea.  I would say it has household items as well as some crafty things as well.  Possibly 1/5 the size of a hobby lobby.  Maybe it was that kind of store...I am not sure how to explain it, haha !  I picked up some helpful organization items as I said I would yesterday.  Once I got home, I went straight to the kitchen, put the groceries away, and oooorganized!! Woot Woot!  In the evening Robert had a handball game which was away and so I spent the majority of the evening reading my book.  AND GUESS WHAT !!?  I FINISHED IT!  Two exciting things in one day man! Getting organized and finishing my book!  How cool is that ?! Now I can get started on the next book called Eldest!  Cannot WAIT!
      Around 9pm Saturday evening Robert and I went out with friends to a lounge/restaurant/bar.  Its a really cozy relaxing slightly more upper place.  There were five girls and six boys!  We all sat at the same table (obviously)  and spoke German the entire time (I included of course) and it was just amazing.  I really shocked myself as well as our friends with my German!  We stayed at the place until 1am and then ventured out into the cold!
     Sunday Robert and I watched a film called 'Projekt Gold'  It was a documentary following Germany's handball team the year that they won the World Championships.  (2 years ago) Believe it or not it was a terrific film and I really enjoyed watching it.  We finished the movie around 3pm and then I told Robert I really wanted some ice cream from the fancy italian ice cream shop where we have purchased Ice Cream before, so he ran to the Italian Ice Cream shop and bought us each a small serving of ice cream!  I had chocolate, hazlenut, and then some weird flavor he surprised me with containing raisins ?? Strange, but very very good.  Afterwards I spent the entire evening reading from my book.  I am really enjoying it and look forward to finish the series.  I am in no real rush though because I enjoy enjoying the series!


I am feeling like these blogs are incredibly repetitive.  Let me know if you would rather I write when I have a random highlight or bake something, etc.  Or do you LIKE this repetition of 2 blogs a week?  Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. I do enjoy your two blogs a week, and look forward to reading them. Sometimes it seems so long in between your blogs, so I would like you to keep up the 2 a week. You do keep a very tidy flat, and do well with your meal preparation, and keeping costs to a minimum.
    So very nice of Robert to get you the ice cream. He takes good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You busy little german girl!!! Good to have a clean place that is sure. The living room shelves look nice. Plants can give a plant a warming, "homey" effect. The football looks nice and "accessable" sitting there just waiting to be tossed about. It's gotta be fun going out and actually using your new language!!! Exciting!!!! You gotta feel proud of yourself! Potatos and spinach sound good(mom would need the spinach in the raw form but I would like it cooked along with the potatos). The ice cream sounded good.... if I had some here I would definately have some, hehe,,, I like rum/raisen ice cream if I have a choice.... yum.....and noooo your blogs are never redundant, they flow nicely from one to the next and I really enjoy reading them!!! And as always, the pics reinforce your text and make it so interesting(almost as good as being there, I said ALMOST). Enjoy Your Book!!! You're a regular little bookworm just like your mother!!! Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have a clean place that is FOR sure............Plants can give a PLACE a warming, "homey" effect....... I really need to proof read my texts BEFORE I post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.... and love your crazy little german girl faces.... You're a silly girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post-loved the series of pics at the top :) haha. Sounds like a ridiculous day of cleaning; were you chewing some bolivian coca leaves!? j/k-as those aren't even really stimulants. Moving on...ha. I can't believe you got and finished that book SO quickly. I'd be a little irritated. HOWEVER, that's one difference between you and me. You, unlike me, you read books more than once after you purchase them.

    I don't find your posts repetitive. They're not? How many different formats can one utilize for blog posts? I think they're enjoyable and refreshing to read. Just do as you feel that day. Let it flow naturally...don't necessarily write it for US, do it mostly for you.

    Lots of love and a BESITO para ti.

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)