Friday German course was incredibly good. We had a pretty big homework assignment of writing a fairly long story about a few embarrassing experiences we have had. I had a pretty fun time with this. It took a bit of time but was well worth it and I learned some new vocabulary on the way! After my course Robert picked me up from my course and we went to the Gourmet Soup Cafe and ate my favorite Soljanka soup! I feel like we haven't been there in forever! Once we finished our soup, Robert and I went to Netto for some grocery shopping. Afterwards Robert and I spent 3 hours thoroughly cleaning. While Robert was gone to Handball Practice I made some noodles with sauteed sausage, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms. I then made an alfredo sauce and put some various spices atop. It was incredibly good.
Saturday was a relaxing day in the afternoon. In the morning I walked to the Bäkerei and picked up some brötchen for Saturday's breakfast as well as Sundays. I did this because nothing is open on Sunday's and so we wouldn't have any brötchen Sunday morning if I don't pick some up on Saturday. After breakfast I took a bath for almost two hours and watched the movie 'Fantastic Mr. Fox!' it was a really great movie and I definitely recommend it.
Check out the trailer if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2igjYFojUo
I will not say too much about it because I don't want to give anything away in case you plan on watching it. It was great though. I was entertained the entire time! Afterwards I went through some of my makeup and read a bit.
In the evening Robert had a handball game which they lost :( He was pretty upset about it. Around midnight Robert and I walked over to our friend Axels house where Axel was, Steffen, Kuhni, Leo, and yes, another Leo. I was the only girl. But that was ok because I already know these guys and I did not have a problem with it at all. We left Axel's house around 2:45am and walked to Flower Power which is like the WORST place ever in Halle. We only went there because a friend of ours named Robert works there and we can get free drinks. This wasn't worth it because I did not want or have anything to drink and Robert had one drink. The other guys had a bit more. We only stayed until 4:30 and went home because the music was so terrible and it was just a bad choice.
Sunday I woke up and looked out the window to see this! It was great to wake up to beautiful snowflakes falling from the sky. You cannot see it in the picture so well but the flakes are quite large and really gorgeous looking. I always feel really happy to see it snowing. Something about it is so fascinating and breathtaking for me. In the morning Robert went to his Parent's house. Last night they arrived home from Africa on Holidays. I didn't go with because I was having a sore stomach and wanted to relax in bed. He left around 10am which is TOO early for me! His mom bought me some ADORABLE pot holders from africa with lions, Elk, Zebra, and Elephant on it. AWESOME! Around 1 O'clock Robert arrived home from his parent's house and we took a nap. We slept until almost 5pm. Afterwards we were both hungry and so Robert made us Rice. Afterwards we watched the movie The Da Vinci Code. Oh my god, great movie. Keeps you thinking and me talking about what I think is going to happen. It reminded me of what my mom always does while watching movies. And I always said to her, ''Mom, just watch the movie.'' But now, here I am doing the same thing !!! For dinner Robert made some Couscous with eggs, sausage, onions, peppers and tomato, it tasted so so good! For a snack Robert had Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars and some Caramel Ice Cream. I ate a plain joghurt with some Honey Knusper. My Favorite!
Relaxing on a Sunday is always the best thing :)
Oooh, You're wearing the shirt I got you= YAY! Like that like That. Sounds to me like you did lots of napping, cooking, eating great food, and hanging out with groovy people. Not BAD! :D Great to hear you took my advice and watched Fantastic Mr Fox. After you watch it I'll let you know what I thought..and we can discuss.
ReplyDeleteWe're watching Spiderman 3 today/right now. Word.
Sounds like you had a good relaxing weekend. Good food as usual, and good times. I will have to see if the library has Fantastic Mr. Fox. We like to watch movies on the weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe snow falling is a pretty picture. I also took some with snow falling here on our farm. I will post one too. Enjoy your week!! :)
Hmmm... wonder if mom ordered Fantastic Mr. Fox from the library. We have been watching at least one movie per week and I have found this is an enjoyable time together. Robert is cooking alot lately. He is quite the cook it sounds like, how wonderful! Everyone looks so serious at your friend Axels house! I like the look out your window (the snowfall pic). The buildings and cityview is of interest to me. These blogs are great Molly!
ReplyDelete