February 24, 2010

Put it on Repeat

Let me start this post off by saying how in the WORLD does a flat get messy so quickly! Lately I have been realizing that I am getting a little bit sloppy with putting my clothes in the strangest places! Next to the toilet, under the table, behind the couch. I need to work on this. It makes for too much cleaning up. Everything has it's place and as soon as one is finished with something it should be returned to that place.
Monday morning I spent the afternoon cleaning the flat again. We seriously cleaned the flat SO good Saturday and so I have no idea how it became messy so quickly. Terrible terrible thing. Once I finished cleaning I made myself some curried rice which turned out fabulous! Around 3 O'clock I walked to the book store which is about a two minute walk from the flat. I browsed through many books and thoroughly enjoyed myself. They have SUCH great cookbooks in the bookstore. I really love German cooking and would really love to learn more of it especially because Robert's mom cooks completely traditional German Meals almost everytime she is cooking. I would like to give Robert this luxury even though he is with an American girl. That and like I said, I love German food as well. Robert left for practice almost straight away when he came home from work. While he was gone I worked on some music. For dinner Robert ordered my favorite Sushi and Wanton Soup! YUM! I haven't had Sushi in quite a while and I had been talking about how I really missed a good sushi roll! I had California Maki and it tasted fantastic as always. The soup was superb as well. As I said, it's my favorite. We watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire. We like this show and have been watching it a bit lately!
      
Tuesday I spent a bit of time walking around Halle.  I went to Rossmann,DM where I played with some perfumes and makeup, the bookstore, bought some brötchen, and looked around a home/craft store; the one that is like hobbylobby.  LOVE that store!  Robert gave me 20€ in case I wanted to buy something.  I only ended up buying a brow pencil, brow comb, and picked up a German wellness magazine.  I think it is a good to begin reading german magazines about makeup and wellness.  It's something I am interested in.  And a magazine seems easier to read and translate than an entire book.  I even got a free sample of sensitive face cream inside!  The DM offers this magazine for free.  It's great! I arrived home and made some Chili noodles.  They were ok, I am not sure I would make them again.
Wednesday Robert and I were going to get Ice Cream after my German course but we didn't because Robert stayed home from work and wasn't up to going and getting ice cream.  I spent the whole afternoon and evening writing and producing a song about falling in and out of love with someone, finding out they are not the right person and then finding the right person for you.  I honestly think it one of my favorite songs I have ever written.  A lot was put into this one.  

I hope you are all staying busy, being creative with your hands or minds, and finding happiness everywhere :)

2 comments:

  1. I like your hair and eye makeup in these pictures. You look smokin ;) haha. (get it... smoky eyes!? ) I hear you on the messy house thing. It's ridiculous how fast something so clean gets so messy.

    After looking at your German cookbook I have a completely different idea about what is German food. I always just thought of like meat and potatoes but it's surprisingly similar to an other cuisine in terms of variation. Sabes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is in the bowl??? It looks like rice or ? Agreed on the keeping of an orderly home. It can be extremely challenging if you let things go unattended for even one day. I agree with your thoughts on putting something back in its proper place when one is finished with it. It's good you are reading German magazines, I can see how that would be easier and perhaps even more relaxing to go through a magazine vs. a book. Not sure what chili noodles are, perhaps they are what is in the bowl presented in the first picture in your post. I have no doubt that you are becoming a great cook!!! Can't wait to have you cook someting for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)