Today was Robert's first day back at work and I must say that it was exhausting waking up so early with him. I made some sandwiches for him to take to work and packed some toffee (thanks goes to kitchen a la mama!) Afterwards I couldn't fall asleep. I have a hard time sleeping in the mornings when he is gone. After Robert left I found myself staring out the window and daydreaming about having a family some day of my own. It was such a sunny day today, which felt wonderful!!! The ground is covered in snow and all is great! Today was a busy day, this only means that it was a good day :) I spent the majority of my time being rather productive. I did all of the laundry I could possibly do until the drying rack was full, cleaned up the kitchen and bathroom, and COMPLETELY re-arranged the living room !!! WOOT WOOT !!! It was a lot of fun and I love the way that it looks! The hilarious thing is: Robert has no idea I re-arranged the entire living room and his reaction will be hilarious I think. I have been changing the apartment around a bit lately. Mainly the kitchen (which is my area, so its not so bad) But the flat is looking nice now (not that it wasn't before!!). I feel like its a lot more homey now. I have candles everywhere which makes the flat smell incredible. The homeyness I am feeling is wonderful. I feel happy, creative, musical, content, comfortable....all good things :)
A little taste of the was things look now:
Tonight I am enjoying music from the soundtrack 'Once.' It is such an amazing CD! If you haven't listened to it, I definitely recommend you do it! In fact, the song 'falling slowly' comes from that exact movie! If you have the time or opportunity you should check the movie out. The music moves me so incredibly. Robert is at Handball Practice and I am am making dinner! I have to start early because it will take about 2 hours to make. Tonight I have cooked Knödel with gravy, Duck, and some Red Cabbage. The kitchen smells lovely!!! mmmmmm.
Nice entry. I look forward to reading these in the future. The pictures are a nice touch and always make blogs more fun to look at-and keep the readers/followers interested. :)
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying your blogs. The pics are fun to see, and i enjoy reading about your days. Thanks for the history lesson of the area you were at. It will be fun to see/hear about your ski trip! Enjoy your days! HJ
ReplyDelete