After seeing the attractions at Alex (Alexanderplatz) Lindsay and I went to Sino, my favorite Asian restaurant for sushi and soups. Both Lindsay and I ordered avocado sushi rolls with vegetable spring rolls ! The sushi was delicious as always and the spring rolls came with a lovely sweet and sour sauce with a hint of tasty spice!
Because Alexanderplatz is only about a 15 minute walk from Hackescher Markt. Lindsay and I walked to Hackescher Markt after eating our lunch. It was good to walk some more after eating and the weather was so beautiful and sunny that we had to continue our afternoon outside !
Everyone is beginning to ride their bikes again, which is lovely,and so the picture below is beneath a bridge that runs over Hackescher Markt with many bikes waiting to be ridden !
Lindsay and I walked to my favorite place to relax each and every summer I have spent in Berlin. My friends and I love to come down to the river at Hackescher Markt when the weather is warm and beautiful. The sun shines so wonderfully here and it is a perfect view to enjoy while drinking a tasty beer and enjoying good company !
Following our trip to Hackescher Markt, Lindsay and I thought it would be fun to head off to Loops Yarn Shop ! We took the tram part of the way and walked the rest. Along the way, I spotted this statue of these adorable children and couldn't help myself but to capture it on camera :) If I had a large garden, I would love to have this statue for it.
Once we arrived home, I cast 14 sts on size 17 needles (HUGE!!!) so that Lindsay could knit her first item; a scarf ! I first knit 3 rows of k1 p1 so the edge wouldn't roll and taught her the knit and pearl stitch so that the knitted fabric would produce a the stockinette look. She was very frustrated by it and is having quite a hard time learning, but I think if we really practice every evening before she leaves this upcoming Sunday, that she will have it down pat as well as a pretty blue/purple scarf to take home !!!
Lindsay and I had a great Tuesday and I know today will be even lovlier !! It is mid morning and the sun is already shining bright in the window of our flat almost blinding me as I write. This is a good thing indeed.










Ahh, Berlin. So vibrant, so inviting. Lindsay seems to be feeling comfortable there - I can't wait to here more about her impression/s, etc. That's great that she's knitting a scarf to take back :-) How ambitious (!) and adorable that you both can knit together a bit *wink*
ReplyDeleteYou two went to the same restaurant that you and I went to (and Robert, of course), eh? It 'IS' a great place - you should try some new things from the menu (maybe we can do that together...haha).
I too love the statue of the chiquitos. Where exactly is that? I'm trying to visualize the roads of the area (believe it or not I have a pretty good map in my mind of my 'traveled areas'. *message me the answer if you want!*
Enjoy today!
Great weather, great food, new sights to see!! Sounds like a really good week! I am happy that Lindsay is there with you.
ReplyDeleteI like the color of the yarn Lindsay chose. It will be fun to see the completed scarf.
I look forward to your next update. :)
wonderful photos!
ReplyDeleteglad you and your friend are enjoying your time together!