November 15, 2010

The sun is shining and I feel good.  It always shocks me when I wake up and walk into the living room and there she is, blinding me.  For a split second, my eyes hate her, and then I close them and feel the warmth around me and am so happy to have her greet me in the morning.

It is mid November and I am enjoying the fall ever so much.  It may be grey here, but I still find so much beauty in nature and all things surrounding me.  The leaves have fallen and cover the ground and the trees are so boney and bare.  People pass by with peachy red cheeks.  Babies are bundled and are warm and cozy.  Couples hold hands wrapped in comfortable mittens.  Necks are hugged by wooly warm scarves.  And everyone is happy that the holiday season is coming.
This afternoon I knit, knit, and knit some more.  I worked on my grandma's Christmas present which is turning out beautifuly as well as these adorable little swedish figures.  They are so simple and all you need is some yarn and the cork of a wine bottle !  I think they look so seasonal and will definitely make more.  I would like to make a brown tweed, green, and red one to add to my collection.  Maybe I will even knit a few extra and top Christmas packages with them !
Later in the evening around 6 O'clock I left for a short stroll so that  could get some fresh air in my lungs.  It isn't so cold outside and so I found it to be a great excuse to get out.  The 6 is the floor we live on and is on the light immediately outside of the elevator.  There is ME in the elevator, and lastly, the sign after approaching the first floor telling me how to get out (in case I were to be lost?)  
After returning from my walk, I turned on some beautiful instrumental violin music, opened the doors to my balcony, lit some incense, and had a tasty glass of wine while I relaxed and enjoyed the music.
I have had an enjoyable and productive day today. It is now time to wind down, continue listening to soothing music, and prepare dinner for a hungry Robert when he arrives home :)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the sun certainly is bright in the morning, but in a good way! When I awaken in the morning, I do not turn on the light for about 15 minutes, until my eyes can handle it.
    I enjoyed all your pics. I like the cork/knit figures you are making. They make quite a cute display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love your post! The knit+ figurings are adorable - are you selling them? I'd totally buy one/some! Are those corks that you personally used? I imagine so... would be the most affordable. [you should TOTALLY top gifts with them:)]
    Your flat 'does' get quite sunny in the morning. It's nice though (aside from the blinding effect) how it really opens up your living space. It always made me feel more 'connected'. You know?
    *I like the pic of you in the elevator. Then, I always like pictures with you in them (because seeing you makes me smile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Love all your lovely autumn shots.

    Thanks for coming over and visiting my blog. The cookies were delicious and my kids loved them which is always a bonus. I made up the pattern for the acorn hat because I couldn't find one on ravelry that I liked. Thanks for the compliments I was really pleased with how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)