November 19, 2010

So, it's finished !!! I am SO happy to have a beautiful norwegian fair isle cowl to warm my neck and shoulders this winter season.  I made the neck extra long so that it can be folded over once for added warmth! I actually have about a foot of yarn left which was slightly terrifying near the end.  I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it, but thankfully (and obviously) I did !  Oh, and by the way Amy, it was such a good choice to buy such huge skeins of yarn.  They have made me four projects and it was such a wonderful investment.  
After working today, I took the tram to 'Loops,' which is a yarn shop in my neighborhood.  

It was pretty packed, but let me just tell you; I was quite disgusted with their customer service.  I have been in there once before and no one acknowledged that I was inside.  Today I was there to make a pretty hefty purchase for making more Christmas gifts.  I wandered the store for maybe 20 minutes and again, no one acknowledged my presence.  I am always so shocked by snobby yarn shop owners.  I say this because I used to work in a yarn shop and greeted and formed small conversations with everyone that came into the shop.  It's huge for customer service that you say a simple hello.  What are they thinking.  PEOPLE OF LOOPS YARN SHOP...PLEASE; SAY HELLO TO ME WHEN I COME IN!  Sad to say, I actually ended up leaving without any yarn.  I will actually go again tomorrow and possibly complain if no one says hello or asks me if I need any help, which today, I did need help.  Anyway, it's sad to say, but I am sure after I make my large purchase, the next time I come in I assure you they will say hello.

I have been walking around my neighborhood, like always and have seen some pretty things in nature that made me want to stop and take a photo.  All of these are 1 minute from my house actually.  The first two are of the same sparrow sitting on a sign in a playground.  There are wooden bird feeders all around the playground and so it is usually full of birds.  I actually have never seen a sparrow in this playground and thought the sillhouette of it looked pretty with the street sign below
This isn't so interesting, but is the sign for the playground, no smoking, no dogs, and no bicycles.  This sign is VERY weird for Berlin.  First of all, this is a city where you can bring your dogs into the bank, supermarket, book store, mall...you  name it.  It makes me wonder why one cannot take their dog into a simple playground which is outdoors ??  Also, no smoking, once again, it is OUTSIDE.  And the no bicycle sign...I think that one speaks for itself.  No bicycles...huh (Courtney, that was Joshi's special 'huuuuuuuh', I am sure you know what one I mean! ) ???
Some pretty vines and leaf decor along a fence
Berries which grow everywhere on my street this time of year.  I even picked some and used them as decor around my table centerpiece. :)
Robert should be home within the hour and because we have no food to make a decent meal with, I think he will bring something tasty for dinner (or at least I hope.) 

Tomorrow calls for massive grocery shopping which means too much unnecessary money spent.  I would rather spend money on yarn, who needs food !  ;)  Anyway, tomorrow is a day full of work, yarn shopping, picking up a Christmas gift for Robert, grocery shopping, and then doing some things around the house.  

p.s  I hope you are not upset that these blogs have turned into half my day, half knitting projects :)  

2 comments:

  1. Nice Cowl!! I would love to see a picture of you in it!! :)
    The yarn store sounds like they need more workers, or just better customer service. Just, kindly let them know your expectations. ;)
    Looks/sounds like you are enjoying yourself, and keeping busy. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mom - looks like now you've GOT a picture of Molly in the cowl to gaze at. It's nice, eh!?

    The Customer Service thing is odd. German stores (and...every store around the world, really) typically greet you SUPER quickly. I'd just say,
    'excuse me, my name is Molly and I've been in your store about 5 times now. More than one of these times I've come in with questions and or needing assistance. Not once have I been greeted or asked if I needed help. Is this typical in your establishment? I really like this place but your lack of friendliness makes me want to look elsewhere. Do you think that today you could assist me?" -- see what they say. I'd be curious.

    The no biking/smoking/dog thing IS hilarious. However, makes sense as it is near a kindergarten and is a child's' playground. I'm guessing smoking is not allowed in school playgrounds.

    Very beautiful photos. You look gorgeous, as you always do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, your comment means so much ! Thank you for taking the time to brighten up my day :)